December 10, 2014

Revlon Boho Chic Collection: Nail Polish

For Fall/Winter 2014, Revlon has released its Boho Chic Collection by Gucci Westman, the company's global artistic director. A celebration of French mystique, the collection features a range of gorgeous shades in Revlon's main product range including a super pretty PhotoReady Primer + Shadow Palette and four new Colour Suede lipsticks. Today, however, I've got the three nail polishes to share.


Jewel tones and glitter are holiday season staples, and the Boho Chic Collection is teeming with great versions to get you party-ready. The three new limited edition shades that Revlon has added to its nail polish lineup are: Bohemian, Artsy, and Edgy (left to right).


Bohemian is a metallic turquoise with microfine glitters that give off a sparkly sheen. I love this colour because it reminds me of a peacock feather -- so pretty, right? Application was super easy as well; this is only two coats.


Artsy is a royal blue jelly with a mix of silver hexagonal, circle, and bar glitters. It's slightly reminiscent of my favourite Deborah Lippmann Across The Universe though Across The Universe contains different coloured glitters (which I personally prefer since they add more dimension). This is three coats.


Edgy is Artsy's purple counterpart, and this is also three coats. Due to their thick formulas, both require extra care when applying. You can't just paint the polish on like normal because you'll end up with major streaking and not much glitter. Instead, you have to blob it on and kind of place the glitter onto your nails with the brush for maximum opacity.

I'm not wearing a top coat in any of these swatches but I would definitely recommend using one, especially something chip-resistant for Artsy and Edgy. Without a top coat, the texture is rough and chunky, and both glitters chipped like crazy after only a few days.

4 comments:

  1. so cute!! = ]]

    xoxo

    new post
    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these colors!!!!!

    Amanda | FeastFashionFaves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these shades are super unique but I don't think I would wear any of these! I think the "peacock feathers" one is my favorite out of the three though haha.

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely not everyday colours for either... as much as I love glitters they are the worst to remove so I often avoid them!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.