April 20, 2015

FOTD: Burberry Beauty

A few weeks ago, I was invited to preview the new Burberry Beauty Counter, which is now open at The Bay in Richmond Centre. This opening has been a long time coming since Burberry Beauty pulled out in 2012 (you may recall there used to be counters in Holt Renfrew), as designer Christopher Bailey wanted to reclaim & reimagine the brand's beauty line.

Getting the chance to play with untouched testers was incredibly fun and I also had the pleasure of speaking with Patricia Bensimon, Burberry Beauty's National Trainer, who helped me pick out the products I'm using for this FOTD.


On my face, I am wearing Velvet Foundation in Trench No. 206. This is a matte finish foundation that is great for oily/combination skin. I thought the colour match was good for me though the coverage is heavier than what I usually go for (I mostly wear mineral makeup and wear liquid foundations only occasionally).

On my eyes, I am wearing the Complete Eye Palette in Plum Pink No. 06. I am a sucker for purple shadows (see this 2010 review of a Dior fave), so I was immediately drawn to this quad. Like Dior, the palette comes housed in a black velvet case and includes three small brushes (a sponge tip applicator, angled brush, and blending brush). I personally wouldn't use these brushes for everyday application, but they're handy for travelling or on-the-go. The shadows feature Burberry's signature plaid imprint design and are buttery soft yet very pigmented. Honestly, even though it's a bit weird to describe makeup this way, I'd say they feel luxurious and expensive.

On my lips, I am wearing Burberry Kisses Lipstick in English Rose No. 17. The formula is light and hydrating, and is designed to allow you to build up layers for greater pigment. My lips are already quite pigmented so on me, the colour really just looks like MLBB. I did, however, find the lipstick very comfortable to wear. Plus, the packaging is so nice! The cap is magnetic and spins around to click in place, much like the NARS Audacious Lipstick tubes do.


To complete this makeup look, I popped on a pair of ESQIDO false lashes in Miss Dolly. I thought they were a bit Twiggy-like and  thus a fitting match for this quintessential British brand.

6 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds like SO much fun. And the makeup looks absolutely gorgeous on you!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree, you look gorgeous!!! Love that eye shadow colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I love the colour on your eyes and lips. You're face looks absolutely flawless!!!

    xoxo
    annpaige

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.