April 23, 2015

I Left My Heart in San Francisco

It had been a few years since I last visited San Francisco but I have wanted to go back for quite some time now. The city holds some very special memories for me and, to be honest, I wasn't sure how this visit would affect me with that nostalgia factor at work. This time around, I wanted to do some things I hadn't done before and I think I was able to accomplish that.

Although I was not staying in San Francisco, we ended up in the city on a number of occasions. The Fisherman's Wharf area could obviously not be missed and was perfect for a relaxed and sunny stroll.


This was followed by a cable car ride! I had never done this before and honestly have always thought it was quite tourist-y (it is). However, we managed to snag seats/standing positions right at the front of the car which made for a super fun ride -- especially going up and down hills.


Another thing I have always wanted to do was bike across the Golden Gate Bridge. The weather was perfect this day, and we ended up in Sausalito where we grabbed a late lunch from Hamburgers and sat down by the water to eat.


One thing I love about San Francisco is how distinct it is, with its hilly landscape, interesting architecture, and colourful houses. I was lucky enough to get a few wonderful views of the city, first from Twin Peaks...


... and then from Coit Tower, where you can get a 360-degree view from atop Telegraph Hill.


I spent a lot of time in the Mission as well, which is known for its great restaurants. We tried Vietnamese food at MAU and had the most amazing tacos at Tacolicious. I also became so enamoured with the hot Hong Kong Milk Tea with pearls at Boba Guys that I ended up there twice.

The Mission is also home to Clarion Alley, an alley full of murals that change frequently. I wish we had a place like this in Vancouver. I mean, how perfect would it be for outfit shoots?


I have a lot more photos from San Francisco but this gives a good snapshot at some of the highlights. If you haven't seen my Pacific Coast Highway road trip recap, be sure to check that out too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your pictures are amazing. I have never been to San Fransisco, but I have always wanted to go!

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love it if you give it a read.
    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.