March 31, 2016

Orofluido Asia - The Zen Beauty Ritual

Since it's apparently hair care week on the blog, I thought I'd share some thoughts on a higher end alternative to Monday's drugstore findsOrofluido, a completely new-to-me brand -- in large part due to the fact that it's a salon-exclusive (and clearly not been carried in any of the salons I've ever frequented). However, being a professional brand under the Revlon company's umbrella, it does carry a certain sense of familiarity.


Orofluido Asia is a new line of 4 products (Zen Control Shampoo, Zen Control Conditioner, Zen Control Elixir, and Zen Control Mask) making up the Zen Beauty Ritual, a system designed to combat frizz-prone hair. It's based around three key ingredients sourced directly from Asia: tsubaki (camellia) oil for frizz control, bamboo extract to improve elasticity, and rice oil to nourish and smooth.

When I first opened my Zen Beauty Ritual Kit, I admit I was a little underwhelmed. I can't decide if I like the packaging (the flowers are kind of pretty) or find it tacky (the font used for "Asia" is as stereotypical as you can get). Save for the Elixir, which comes in a nice glass bottle, everything else is a very lightweight and kind of cheap feeling plastic.


Packaging issues aside, what about the actual product? Well, firstly, I don't think I am the target demographic for this line. Although it can be used for all hair types, it is specially formulated for women with dry, coarse, and brittle hair. This is not me. My hair is super fine, stick straight with no frizz, and prone to greasiness. Nonetheless, I put the Zen Beauty Ritual to the test anyway to see how it would work.

Immediately after use, I will say I was very impressed. The products smell amazing (a combination of camellia and subtle fruity notes), and my hair felt even smoother than normal. I can see how this system would be great for those with really dry and damaged hair. Unfortunately, the initial smoothing effects did not carry over into the next day for me, as I woke up with my hair feeling extra heavy and my roots getting greasier as the day wore on.

The thing with hair care, as with any beauty regime, is that it must be tailored to suit your individual needs. Orofluido Asia is definitely not the right fit for my hair type but it would probably be great for its intended market -- "women with dry, coarse, brittle hair who suffer from frizz particularly in humid conditions."

1 comment:

  1. too bad it didnt work out so great with your hair
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.