April 4, 2016

Life Proof Eye Makeup with Blinc Box Discovery Collection and MUFE Ultra HD Concealer

I was recently sent the Blinc Box Discovery Collection, which includes 4 of Blinc's best-selling eye products. For those of you who are new to this brand (like I was up until now), their focus appears to be on achieving "Life Proof" results. What exactly does this mean? Apparently, cosmetics that are smudge proof, run proof, and flake proof. If they deliver on their promise -- sign me up!


The Blinc Discovery Box Collection contains the following:

Mascara Amplified. Blinc is known for its original mascara, which creates water-resistant "tubes" around your lashes. It's essentially the fibre lash concept with a focus on ensuring your mascara doesn't smudge at all. The Amplified formula is supposed to build on the original by adding volume and length, but as you know my straight lashes are finicky and I didn't think this mascara did much for them. I also found removal a bit weird... you're supposed to use water and gentle pressure instead of eye makeup remover but this just left me sweeping remnants of the "tubes" off my face for a while.

Eyebrow Mousse. I really didn't think I was going to like this because eyebrow gels never work for my sparse eyebrows so colour me surprised... I love this! It actually fills in the sparse areas and stays put.

Eye Shadow Primer. I've been a die hard UDPP user for many years but this primer is actually quite nice. It's a little on the light side so not sure how it would work for darker skin tones, although I suppose you would be putting eye shadow on top.

Eyeliner Pencil. A basic black eyeliner that's not too creamy (think Urban Decay 24/7) or too hard. It's well-pigmented for an intense line.

I decided to put these products to the ultimate test a few weekends ago when I headed off for a spa day at one of my faves, Miraj Hammam. This meant 30 minutes in a steam room followed by a full-body scrub and rinse. I did this all wearing the eye makeup below and guess what? It looked almost exactly the same after I left the hammam as when I entered, save for a few bits of mascara that must have been dislodged from the water pressure while I was being rinsed off. I was most impressed with the eyeliner... it seriously hadn't budged at all! If you're looking for seriously "life proof" products, Blinc's definitely got you covered.


Since my post-spa eye makeup was pretty much still intact but my face was otherwise bare, I decided a low makeup day was appropriate and I only needed to tackle my under eye circles. Mine are not very dark but the area can get puffy if I haven't gotten enough sleep. Enter MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Concealer, the latest addition to the Ultra HD line (you'll recall it also includes the liquid and stick foundation).


First off, I like the packaging a lot. It's a very skinny tube with a rounded applicator tip. You can dot on the product easily before blending with your fingers or a blending brush.

The formula, however, is very creamy which isn't the most compatible with my oily/combination skin. I've found that's been the case with all the Ultra HD products so far... they're definitely targeted to dry/normal skin in my opinion. The coverage of the concealer is nice but I needed to set it with powder because without it looked a little crease-y (as you can see by the photo above). Thankfully that's not too much of a hassle if it can banish those dark circles!

7 comments:

  1. ive wanted to try that concealer for ages! but not so great that it creases so much :/
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can work if you have drier skin, I think!

      Delete
  2. Blinc is one of those brands that continually impress me. I LOVE the brow gel!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised that it worked for me... brow gels always tend to smudge off but this was is so good!

      Delete
  3. Woooww that's such good staying power! I've only heard the name before but don't know too much else.

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super impressed. Definitely a brand to give a try if you're looking for products that will stay put.

      Delete
  4. love the concealer! follow on GFC?
    http://www.therunwhy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.