October 19, 2014

Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow (M-540 and D-640)

Last month, MAKE UP FOR EVER introduced the Artist Shadow range, a collection of eye shadows made with a breakthrough formula of pigment atomization (delivers up to 88% concentrated pigment) and water-blend technology (allows for extreme blendability and even texture). With 210 shades, it's the most extensive range of eye shadows currently available to consumers and comes in 5 different finishes to suit all tastes: Matte, Satin, Iridescent, Metal, and Diamond.


The large round pans are magnetized to fit into single, duo, and trio custom palette cases so you can create your own unique colour combinations for ease of portability. The cases are plastic with a clear cover and carry a nice weight despite how inexpensive they are ($1.00 extra at Sephora).

As I'm a huge fan of neutrals, MAKE UP FOR EVER sent over my own customized duo featuring M-540 and D-640. The naming system is based on the finish and the family number that each shade falls into within the colour wheel -- such a cool art-based concept!


M-540 (worn on my top lid) is a matte greyish beige. I personally love matte shadows and this one is no exception. It applies buttery soft and makes a great base. D-640 (worn on my lower lashline) features the brand's diamond finish in a deep gold hue. I don't typically like glittery eye shadows but I thought this was quite pigmented despite its somewhat gritty texture.

If you're on the hunt for some new eye shadows, I absolutely recommend checking out the Artist Shadow range. At $25 CAD for a single ($39 for a duo and $50 for a trio), they are fairly affordable given the high level of quality and number of colour options available.

6 comments:

  1. love these two shades, so pretty for this season!

    Amanda | feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that diamond finish one!

    xo T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very flattering and versatile shades. I think I just thought of something to buy with my Sephora gift card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have a hard time picking a shade - there are so many to choose from!

      Delete
  4. I want to try these shadows! And I want to get one of those trays so I can put my fav shadows in one palette!

    http://www.kaciesklosetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These eyeshadows are so lovely, they are the perfect colour for Autumn!


    Tsui.
    Fashion Ganache.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.