April 13, 2015

Sneakers & Platform Oxfords

My Monthly Must-Reads girls and I have teamed up this month for a reunion post (it's been a few years since we last posted together) to discuss our favourite Spring trends. If you've seen my outfits you'll know I don't straight up follow trends and I also don't wear much colour so instead I have decided to share two types of shoes I've been loving this season.

First up: sneakers! I am especially happy that they have made a comeback... not that they have ever been "out" per se... Obviously sneakers and runners have a utilitarian function, but there's no denying that it's become much more mainstream for people to now wear them outside of the gym. I wear my black Nike Frees a ton, both to work out and as casual wear, and I recently picked up a pair of Nike Air Max Theas.


Another shoe trend I've recently gotten on board with are platform oxfords/brogues. They give height but are comfier than stilettos, and I think look great with menswear-inspired looks. These Nine West Vinata Lace-Up Oxfords (c/o) are a reasonably-priced alternative to the popular Stella McCartney platform oxfords we've been seeing around since last Fall, and they come in a range of colours apart from this black/pewter combo.



12 comments:

  1. Those platform oxfords are so funky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? They're a little outside of the norm but that's why I think they're so fun!

      Delete
  2. Love the sneakers! I feel like I should be all over this trend, but I still haven't seen any that catch my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Nikes (various versions) are my faves but I've seen a lot of people wearing New Balance ones. I'm sure you'll find some you love if this trend continues!

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried either trend, but I really want to! Love those nikes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. peek a boo! great post and i love oxfords... looking great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the sneaker trend lately but i have to say i'm in love with those oxfords!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOD. Both of those shoes are definitely a must have! I've been loving the sneaker trend lately!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our styles are so different, but I love yours! I never wear sneakers (unless I'm going to the gym or hiking) but I wish I were brave enough to wear them with cute outfits and not just yoga pants! You look so great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I glommed onto this trend right away because I rarely wear heels and do a ton of walking. I'm sure you could totally rock them :)

      Delete
  8. these oxfords are amazing. the gold plating on the tip just sets them apart.

    xoxo...beth
    www.fashiondotnow.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.