April 9, 2015

Futuristic FOTD: Estée Lauder x Courrèges

I'm back in Vancouver after a super fun week in California and I can't wait to share some pictures from my trip. If you follow me on Instagram, you will have gotten a sneak peek at some highlights... and you may have also seen that I now have silver hair! Sort of, anyway (it's just toner). Before it washes out, I thought it would be perfect to put together a kind of space-inspired FOTD based on the Estée Lauder x Courrèges Collection. Design legend André Courrèges is, after all, know for his futuristic designs and the products really pay homage to this legacy.


The main part of this look is obviously the eyes. I used MAC Pro Longwear Paintpot in Layin' Low as a base before layering on Estée Lauder Eye Amplifier in Black Silver. This eyeshadow comes in fun white bubbly packaging and is super shimmery (but not glittery, if that makes sense). Next, I blended MAC Eyeshadow in Bouffant from the MAC is Beauty Collection into the crease and onto my brow bone for a highlight. The pièce de résistance was, of course, the Estée Lauder Ultra White Eyeliner. This liner is super opaque but also a little difficult to work with. However, there's no denying that it does look very cool. I actually thought it made me look like an anime character! To complete the eyes I then layered on two mascaras: AVON AeroVolume with my HG Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost.

On my face, I started with MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer. This new line of ten primers allows you to combine primers targeted towards your skin's texture and tone to create the perfect canvas for your makeup. I used Redness Corrector + Mattifying which is the perfect combination for me. Next, I used Estée Lauder Perfectionist Youth Infusing Makeup and set it with Estée Lauder Perfecting Loose Powder (this stuff is super lightweight and gives a really flawless effect). To highlight, I applied MAC Cream Colour Base in Summer Wind from the MAC x Mia Moretti Collection onto my cheekbones. I don't have the highlighter from the Courrèges Collection but this one seems like a pretty good dupe. For hint of light pink cheeks, I topped them off with a sweep of colour from Marcelle Quad Blush in Ultimate Pinks.


Keeping with the 60's mod Space Age theme, I didn't want to go with too bold of a lip. Instead, I used MAC Creme Cup (not pictured above because I forgot it... apparently that's what happens when you're using so many products!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.