December 13, 2016

Lisa Q of Sweden Velvet Chokers & Bling Strings

Although I have been avoiding most of the 90s fashion resurgence with a few exceptions (my mini backpack, for example), I have to admit that I did jump back on the choker bandwagon. While I refuse to don one of those tattoo necklaces that were integral to my grade 6 wardrobe, there are some styles that I have actually really been loving.

Lisa Q of Sweden sent me a few chokers to style and I wanted to share them with you since they are a Canadian brand (based in Burlington, Ontario) and are super cute as well!


The Dazzle Velvet Choker ($32 CAD), which I received in Midnight Blue, is a thin velvet choker with silver plated metal rings. It ties on and you can wear it two different ways: with the rings showing for a glam look or turned around so it's just the velvet for a more understated look.


For something more casual, Lisa Q of Sweden offers Bling Strings which are basically faux suede cords that you can tie around your neck in all sorts of different combinations. They come in a variety of colours and lengths, as well as some with crystals and beaded adornments.

Above, I'm wearing the Glow Bling String ($15 CAD), which is the shortest length. It's still long enough to tie a bow though I personally prefer it worn the second way I've shown or flipped around so it looks like a simple cord.

I like how versatile and inexpensive these pieces are for something so on-trend. All of the brand's products are nickel, lead and cadmium free too which is great for someone with as many allergies as me. If you're looking for a last minute present for a fellow fashionista, shop online by Dec. 21 (Ontario) or Dec. 19 (rest of Canada) to get them in time for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. that first choker is simply stunning! LOVE it!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good picks! I got the No Chill one which is so awesome for parties! I'm still trying to figure out all the different ways I can tie the Bling String haha

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.