February 6, 2017

Winter Skincare Saviours to Apply Before Bed

Vancouver just got another snowfall (after barely being able to handle the last one) throwing our city into chaos yet again. While I dream of tropical vacations, back in reality, I've been upping my skincare regimen with a few key items to battle the harsh weather.

I received a bottle of Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Intensive Recovery Ampoules at a product preview in early Fall not realizing how much I'd end up reaching for it. It's pricey at $135 CAD but you're not meant to use the ampoules everyday -- only when your skin is over-stressed and really needs the help.


To use, you twist off the top of the ampoule to open and dispense the oil into your palm. It's applied before bed between your serum and moisturizer. The first time I used this in my routine, I was completely shocked at how plump and soft my skin felt the next morning. Plus, no breakouts! These ampoules may look tiny but they are potent. I'm obsessed.

L'Occitane En Provence Shea Butter Intensive Hand Balm ($40 CAD) has also been a go-to these days. Specially formulated for "Very Dry" skin, this is the product you need if your hands are in need of some serious TLC. Plus, it also comes packaged in L'Occitane's signature paint tube... except giant-sized (150 mL). So cute!


I love that the Intensive Hand Balm is made with only five ingredients: 25% organic shea butter, allantoin (to soothe), coconut oil, sunflower oil, and glycerin. You really notice the effects after only a few days but I will say, since the product is so intensely moisturizing, it doesn't absorb completely (although it's not sticky either). I personally like to apply it right before bed so I don't have to deal with touching things and getting fingerprints everywhere. In terms of scent, there's a standard "cream" scent that's nothing special but not overly perfumed or offensive.

Armed with these two products, I've been able to keep my skin (face and hands) fully moisturized, but let's hope Winter ends sometime soon. This girl is ready for some warmer temperatures!

3 comments:

  1. great tips. I need help in the winter. my skin gets so dry! xo
    Jamie
    www.jamieeverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ampules sounds amazing! And I like that they are a bit special and not for everyday use!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.