March 15, 2017

Glamping Getaway on the Sunshine Coast

Sorry for the brief absence... I'm (sadly) back from Kauai which was a much-needed break but, as with most vacations, it was way too short. Just one day after arriving home I hopped on a float plane to Victoria for a meeting and already have two more work trips coming up in the next three weeks. With my work/travel schedule being what it is, weekend getaways have become increasingly important to me. I'm not sure I could get by without them!

Last month, I had the opportunity to take a break and fully recharge thanks to a weekend spent at the Rockwater Secret Cove Resort. Not only that but I also finally got to achieve my dream of "glamping"! Located in Halfmoon Bay on the Sunshine Coast, the resort is only a ferry ride and short drive away from Vancouver but it seems like a whole other world with its gorgeous views and the overwhelming feeling of being nestled in nature.


The resort does have some small cabins and a lodge/hotel on its grounds, but the real claim to fame here are the amazing tenthouse suites. If you ever make it out this way, a tenthouse suite is the only way to go -- trust me.

Accessed by a long treehouse boardwalk and built upon wooden platforms, each tenthouse suite is equipped with everything you'll need for a total glamping experience: fireplace, rainfall shower, jacuzzi bathtub, kingsize bed, and 360° views all around (you can bring down the blinds at night for privacy).


I had the best time just shutting out all the craziness of life and decompressing... in fact, I even got to read for fun!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge nature person, but this I could get into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with me but you get the best of both worlds here; nature without getting dirty!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful place. Sometimes you need relax

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place is really good! Perfect for meditation or writing handmadewritings term papers
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.