November 14, 2017

Big Changes

As you all know, I started this blog almost 8 years ago while I was attending law school. Since graduating in 2011, I have been working as a lawyer in a very specialized practice area and have, for privacy reasons, made efforts to ensure that my professional career is kept separate from my blogging hobby. In keeping with this caveat, I actually have some big news to share: as of today, I am officially leaving private practice! This decision was not an easy one to make as I truly love my firm and the work that we do. However, private practice has proven difficult for me in many ways and resulted in considerable stress and health issues over time. I felt I owed it to myself to see if there was a way I could transition my career into something more sustainable for the long-term. So, starting today, I will be taking on a new role at a large organization (still in law). Although it's a bit nerve-wracking to be taking this step, I am very excited about the new opportunity.

To celebrate, I had to buy myself something -- obviously. I love a bit of flash and this Prada Lion Bag definitely fit the bill. Who wouldn't love a statement piece that resembles a large door knocker?!

Blouse: TWIK (Simons) (c/o Chick Advisor) / Jeans: Frame (similar)
Boots: Vince / Bag: Prada (here)

6 comments:

  1. It definitely sounds like a huge step but I know it will be a wonderful thing for you! Wishing you all the luck in the world :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your new job and the new bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a good bag! Very pretty and of course congrats!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    This is Alice from Wigsbuy.com online store, it mainly sales wigs for everyone. I've just visited your blog, finding it's beautiful and cool. Now we are looking for paid cooperation in sponsored banner ,post or friendly link. We really want to cooperate with you.And we can pay you through Paypal if everything's ok.Waiting for your reply.

    Best regards,
    Alice
    My email:wengechen@126.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.