March 20, 2010

Glowbal Grill & Satay Bar

Glowbal Grill & Satay Bar is one of those hip Vancouver hotspots, located in the heart of Yaletown. It's been made particularly famous due to numerous celebrity patrons - the cast of the Twilight movie series, for example (I've never actually read/seen Twilight but from what I understand RPattz is quite the teen idol). Unfortunately on my visit, there were no celebrity sightings but I was nonetheless satified by the yummy yummy food.

Glowbal counts amongst its specialties a wide array of satays, so naturally it was fitting for me to try the Chef's Selection platter for $25. This included: lamb chop, king mushroom, sea scallop, ahi tuna, tiger prawn, coconut chicken, kobe meatball, shortrib, and wild salmon along with 3 dipping sauces. My favourite satay was the kobe meatball, followed close behind by the wild salmon. I didn't really care for the dipping sauces but the satays are so flavourful that you don't need them anyway.


For my main I selected the roasted half chicken ($21) which came on a bed of mashed potatoes and seasonal veggies. The chicken was delicious and the mashed potatoes were even better.


The ambiance of the restaurant is okay, with seating inside and a small patio area outside. Service was pretty good. This place is on the pricier side but I think justifiable for a special night out.

Address: 1079 Mainland Street, Vancouver, BC
Website: http://www.glowbalgrill.com

2 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious!! Seafood is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that chicken looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.