March 25, 2010

OPI Alice In Wonderland: Thanks So Muchness!

OPI Thanks So Muchness!This is part 1 in a series of reviews for the OPI Alice In Wonderland collection, which was released in anticipation of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland movie. (Side note: I saw the movie right when it came out and I really liked it. I know it's gotten a lot of mixed reviews but I loved the imagery and thought it was well done. I mean, you have to remember that this was Tim Burton for Walt Disney so his usually creepy aesthetic obviously had to be toned down). Anyway, I decided to buy the mini set of this OPI collection so that I could easily try out all the colours. Apparently these sets only cost a ridiculously cheap $7 or something in the US. Here in Canada I had to shell out $17.99 (!!).

I know the glitters in this collection have been getting lots of rave reviews but I decided to start with Thanks So Muchness!, a nice pearlized berry shade. Application was easy, and I achieved opacity in 2 coats. I decided to add a third coat because the painting lines were still slightly visible. That usually happens with formulas like this, however, so I don't know if I would necessarily count that as a "negative." Might annoy some people though!

I don't usually wear reds but this is what I would call a more "classy" and not so "in your face" red. It's quite polished and would be good for a dressy night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.