April 27, 2010

Dine Out Vancouver 2010: Stonegrill

Tanktop: Wilfred (Aritzia) / Wrap: Delphine (Aritzia) / Leggings: Forever 21
Belt: Wilfred / Boots: Aldo


I finished exams and papers yesterday and I can now say I'm 2/3 of the way through law school... only one more year to go! Since I've been in "academic hibernation" for the past month, I was really excited to actually go out and be among people (haha). My bf planned a date night for us and showed up with a nice surprise:


It was very convenient that yesterday also marked the beginning of Dine Out Vancouver, an event where various Vancouver restaurants offer 3-course set menus in the sum of $18, $28, or $38. It's a great way to try out fancy/expensive restaurants for a reasonable price. My bf picked Stonegrill, which has been on our list (of restaurants we want to go to) for ages.


At Stonegrill, your food (usually meat although they do offer a veggie option) comes raw on a 400°C volcanic stone. As you eat, you slice off pieces of meat and cook them individually. That way you can cook it just the way you like it. No fats or oils are used and the "dry cooking" method results in a natural food flavour without burning. For my dinner, I selected the caesar salad, New York steak, and New York cheesecake for dessert ($38 Dine Out Menu).


The steak was soooooooooooooooo good. So tender and flavourful. The cheesecake was also delicious, as it was drizzled with white and dark chocolate sauce. My bf and I both agreed that this was the best Dine Out we've been to thus far (food-wise). Plus, the ambiance is really nice. The restaurant is in a great location with a view of the water. I would definitely go back!

Address: 1661 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC
Website: http://www.stonegrillvancouver.com

4 comments:

  1. I would have to agree with the gf. Stonegrill was pretty amazing. One of the best steaks I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even as a vegetarian, that steak looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited you get to experience DineOut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks delicious but it's pretty expensive for me. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.