September 28, 2010

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

Ever since Maybelline rolled out their ad campaigns for their newest mascara, The Falsies, I've been intrigued. The company claims that this mascara will build your lashes 8x the volume to give you a "false eyelash look." False eyelashes without the hassle of actually applying them? I'm sold!

I picked up The Falsies in "Blackest Black", but it also comes in "Brownish Black" and "Very Black." The mascara features the kera-fiber formula, which you can supposedly build up to create a voluminous look, and the spoon brush is intended to lift and add some curl to your lashes.

Application-wise, Maybelline recommends you repeat coats until you get the look you're going for but since this dries quite quickly, you do have to act fast to avoid clumping.

So did this live up to my expectations?


As you can see, The Falsies didn't really add much volume to my lashes at all. It did, however, seem to add length. For me, volume is much more important than length so I was kind of disappointed with the results. These also don't look like false eyelashes at all (though to be honest, I wasn't really expecting them to... I mean, that would be a miracle product!)

If you are much more concerned about lengthening your lashes, then this might be the mascara for you. But if you are looking for volume or are lazy and want the "false eyelash look" without using false eyelashes, I don't think The Falsies lives up to its promises.

For me, mascara is one of those products that I'm always coveting yet more often than not, I find myself disappointed when I attempt to switch from my HG (Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost, in case you were wondering). I'll continue to use The Falsies, but I think it's back to my tried and true after this!

5 comments:

  1. I was dissappointed with this as well! I bought it when it came out & it wasn't as great. Drugstore brand wise, I prefer other ones..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that sucks, I picked one up to use after my current mascara runs out and I was hoping it would be great! I'm using Lash Stiletto Voluptuous and despite the "voluptuous" in its name it's also more lengthening than volumizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybelline mascara can be so hit and miss, for me at least! I have the same problem with mascaras adding length but not volume! Dior is my favorite but i'm still not 100% happy with it. xo

    http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @miss D,
    I know, I was so disappointed that this mascara didn't live up to the hype! It's okay but like you mentioned, there are definitely better mascaras out there.

    @Perdita,
    I hate when mascaras claim to add volume and totally don't! I had the same experience with L'Oreal Voluminous... Anyway, don't give up on The Falsies until you try it! I've been using mine anyway, haha :D

    @pearlslaceandruffles,
    Dior is so good, but so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hands down my favourite mascara is Power Lash by Clinique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.