September 30, 2010

Pink Gradient Nails (+ Revlon Galaxy Top Coat)

I pretty much never do "elaborate" nail designs due to lack of time (thanks, law school!) but since I was in a procrastinating mood, I decided to try out the gradient nail look that's been popular with nail bloggers everywhere.

One problem: the gradient nail look often requires a sheer polish to create a more seamless effect and I hate sheers! Consequently, my nail polish collection is significantly lacking in that department. I refused to let that stop me, however, and eventually came up with this pink gradiant look -- no sponge blending and only one semi-sheer polish required!

Products used: OPI Tijuana Dance?; OPI A-Rose At Dawn... Broke By Noon; Nicole by OPI Star of the Party
Revlon Galaxy Top Coat; Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat



Revlon Galaxy Top Coat
This was also my first time using Revlon Galaxy, a new glitter top coat from the Just Add Sparkle line. This collection contains 4 polish duos: 1 creme base and 1 coordinating glitter top coat. The colours are red, purple, grey, and black. Galaxy is paired with the black polish called Lunar which I didn't buy since I can easily replicate the intended look with my own dark base.

This is apparently the "hot" polish from this collection... I suppose because it's the prettiest? It's a clear base that's packed with black, blue, and silver glitter as well as some larger silver hex glitter. The hexes take a bit of work to get out but the top coat itself goes on quite well.

I have to admit that I wasn't super impressed with this top coat but maybe that's because I didn't use it over a dark base like I'm "supposed" to. I've seen some swatches of it over black and blue where it looks more impressive so I'll have to try that next. And at only $5.99 CAD for a bottle, it's not like this put a big dent in my wallet!

6 comments:

  1. i like it! for me, elaborate nails seem like a waste of time because i do a lot with my hands which means manicures look good for all of 3 days. however, the gradient look is really inspiring me to forget about that :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this but you made it look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, your gradient turned out SO cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, they do look wonderful.. and that means something coming from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. who doesn't love gradient nails?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you're going
    to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!
    my site > http://www.fox.faceogame.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.