November 9, 2010

China Glaze Vintage Vixen: Classic Camel

China Glaze Classic Camel
China Glaze nail polish is hard to find in Canada, so I was super happy when I stumbled upon a few bottles from the Fall 2010 Vintage Vixen collection. Unfortunately there was no Ingrid or Emerald Fitzgerald which I was looking for, but I did manage to pick up Classic Camel (the focus of this review) and Foxy (which I'll review at a later date).

A lot of bloggers have been saying that these give the illusion of "mannequin hands" and I have to admit that when I first saw swatches of Classic Camel I thought it was a super weird colour. But it's kind of grown on me! I mean, I love unique nail polishes and this certainly fits that category - a mustard with distinct gold flecks. Definitely work-appropriate too.

The formula, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired. I don't have a lot of experience with China Glaze but I'd heard that it can be a bit tricky to work with. I had problems reaching opacity in two coats, though I know others managed to just fine with this polish. I think once I figure out how to work with it, it'll be fine, however. I've never let a poor formula stop me from using a colour I like!

2 comments:

  1. I had not seen this color. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ms. Givens, it is an odd colour but I really like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.