November 28, 2010

Rock & Republic Contrived Pressed Blush: Bedroom and Tease

The beauty blogger world has been raving about Rock & Republic Contrived Pressed Blush for quite some time now, and I finally managed to get my hands on Bedroom and Tease from a HauteLook (invite code link) sale a few weeks ago.

First off, the packaging is beautiful and super luxe. Each blush comes individually packaged in a round "hat box". When you open that up, you reveal the absolutely gorgeous, shiny compact with the R&R logo embossed on the front. So pretty!!

Rock & Republic Blush Packaging

Now, these are rather pricy ($40 retail or cheaper if you get them on sale) but when you think about it, you really are getting your money's worth. These compacts are HUGE compared to other blushes [see my comparison with MAC and NARS below]. You get 9g of blush versus 6g in MAC and 4.8 g in NARS.


Bedroom is described as a "guava" (essentially a matte peachy-pink shade). Tease, on the other hand, is a cool-toned mauve/pink. I decided to blend out my swatches a bit to show how these would look when worn (for reference, I'm a C4 in MAC). Both are great, wearable colours.

Rock & Republic Bedroom and Tease Blushes


I was super impressed with the quality of these R&R blushes. They are finely milled, apply like a dream, and last a long time. Since they are extremely pigmented, however, you do have to be careful not to overapply. I usually use my MAC 187 duo-fibre brush to apply blush and that works well with these.

Anyway, long story short, I LOVE THESE BLUSHES and I highly recommend them. Next time they show up on HauteLook I am definitely purchasing more (and you should too!)

6 comments:

  1. omgg i sooo wanted to get my hands on them but i didnt get them in time! all sold out. gah :<

    ReplyDelete
  2. @IchigoBunnie, I know! I was stalking Hautelook for ages and logged on right at 8 a.m. (haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those "hat" boxes are so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Deb, aren't they? R&R really went all out with their packaging... I guess to make up for their insane cosmetics prices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do u think RR compare with nars matahari? Are they same color?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Noniek, I assume you're referring to Tease... it is indeed very similar to Matahari.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.