April 5, 2011

Essie California Coral

I usually equate Essie California Coral with summer, as I only wear it during the hot months. And in fact, up till now, it has exclusively been a pedicure colour for me. So today I'm mixing things up: California Coral in April and on my fingernails instead! I know, I know... I really do live life dangerously, don't I?

California Coral is a bright and punchy coral shade which leans a little on the orange side (in my opinion). It kind of reminds me of Nicole by OPI The Right Thing, though The Right Thing is more red. Eithery way, a polish like this definitely eye-catching and the perfect complement to monochromatic outfits.

I know some people aren't fans of Essie's formula because it can be difficult to work with. However, I loveeee Essie because it usually dries super shiny, and California Coral is no exception. Now I really can't wait till summer!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful color! I love coral, I am wearing it on my toes right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange nails are great for summer, especially with a tan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @featherfactor I've always thought it looked great on the toes, but I think I'll start wearing it on my fingers more often now too.

    @Emily SO true. They will look amazing with a tan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That beautiful color of nail polish:))
    I love it!
    I just found your blog,it's very cute.I added to your followers:)
    Greetings fron Tuscany
    Xoxo
    Mary
    fashionteaat5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty color, I most defiantly can't wait for summer also (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.