May 30, 2011

Sephora x Hello Kitty Nail Decals

I'm totally one of those girls who used to collect Hello Kitty everything, from plushies and stationery to pajamas and t-shirts. There's just something about Hello Kitty that causes uncontrollable urges to squeal "she's so cute!" every 5 seconds (or is that just me?)

So when Sephora introduced their new Hello Kitty line at the end of last year, I anxiously headed over to check out the products. Aside from the cute packaging, I wasn't super impressed. A lot of the items seemed easily dupable, and since I have a rather large makeup collection already, I've been a lot more picky with my makeup purchases (hence the reason you've been seeing less product reviews from me lately).

I did, however, pick up a sheet of the Hello Kitty Nail Art Stickers! Can't say "no" to cute little Hello Kitty faces on my nails...


Application-wise, these are really easy to use. Just peel them off the clear plastic backing, stick them on, and brush on top coat. I was really impressed with the adhesive on these - stickier than a lot of other decals I've used.

American Apparel Coney Island (see my review here)

However, these are kind of pricey for nail stickers (I think like $7 CDN), and I thought it was kind of weird that there were jam jars and milk cartons... why not just Hello Kitty faces?? There are a couple designs available aside from the ones I got but I thought these were the cutest of the bunch.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute! I recently got a sheet of Hello Kitty nail stickers, too, but yours are SO much cuter!

    Love your maxi dress in the post below, btw. I also just attended a friends wedding today. Aren't weddings just lovely? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joey Thank you! I love weddings so much, and they are even better when the people getting married are your friends. Jealous of your Hello Kitty nail stickers... I seriously cannot get enough of the cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they're adorable! I still collect Hello Kitty stuff ^_^ Most of my stuff is paper stationery, plushes, stickers, writing instruments, figurines, makeup bags...basically anything that's not home decor! lol.

    But yes, I checked out the Sephora Hello Kitty stuff too and you're right, there are only a few select items I could see myself getting, like the giant hand held mirror. And that's only if by a stroke of luck I get my job and have an income again! Adorable stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh i have these same exact nail decals from sephoras too!! bahaha.. love it.. the pink nail polish base is so perfect for the stickers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i'm one of those girls :) i LOVE hello kitty!! your nails are so adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I prefer the HK water decals though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. l-o-v-e!!!! So freakin cute! Love the AA pink colour you put on as a base colour, it's perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Deb I want that giant hand mirror SO BAD. And I definitely have a stockpile of Hello Kitty stationery and notebooks that I just can't bring myself to use yet!

    @L I agree, the water decals are bigger and cover the nail better. I must get my hands on some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg...adorable! I agree that they're kinda pricey but I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are super cute! Gotta find them for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. too freakin' cute! i too collect all things hello kitty. i even have a hk cereal dispenser! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, I think out of all the ones I have I've only used maybe 3 Hello Kitty notebooks. They all look so beautiful and pristine when they're not used, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE THESE!! your nails would be perfect for a visit to the Hello Kitty Cafe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have tried one kind of nail wraps recently, it is very good,easily apply and look fantastic. it is the right products for holiday! It save your time to make it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.