July 27, 2011

Anna Sui Lip Rouge G in #301

As I was Googling Anna Sui's Lip Rouge G in #301 (I always like to check Makeupalley and beauty blogs for reviews when I'm shopping - thank you data plan!), I was disappointed that I couldn't find any posts about it. However, I've been in the market for a new pink lipstick for quite sometime and this looked like it might be "it" so I decided to pick it up anyway. Let me just say I'm so glad that I did!

Anna Sui products are known for their cute packaging, which utilizes a girly-gothic black rose motif. This lipstick is no exception - look at how pretty it is!


Although it's all plastic, the casing seems like it's fairly good quality. Plus, I love all the little details like the cut-out hearts on the lid.

#301 is a gorgeous pink that looks a lot brighter in the tube than it does on my medium pigmented lips. Strangely enough, I don't have a colour quite like this in my collection at the moment so this fills that gap perfectly.


The lipstick has a light rose scent which is pretty neutral. It might bother some people who are sensitive to smell but personally I don't find this one to be too strong. The product itself applies easily, leaving a nice opaque colour. And since the "G" in this line stands for "Glossy", so you can expect the shine of lipgloss without the stickiness.

At $25 CDN the Lip Rouge line is a bit of a splurge, but I think if you're looking for a product that combines quality with cute packaging, you should definitely look into Anna Sui. There were a few other shades that caught my eye that I'm hoping to try out in the near future.

16 comments:

  1. ooh I love Anna Sui! i love how it looks on you!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite brands! They always have great packing and colour range.

    Lovely finding a fellow Vancouverite on the bloggosphere

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a great product to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a sucker for cute packaging, and this is definitely cute! It's always such a treat when the colour turns out to be gorgeous as well!

    p.s completely loving your Europe photos- can't wait to see the rest! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the holder from the lipstick, it's so lovely. And the color is beautiful as well :)

    xxx London

    ReplyDelete
  6. very beautiful!!
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like it! :)

    http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore Anna Sui!! I'm always drooling over the Anna Sui stuff at Shoppers and Sears, lol. I've only ever bought one Anna Sui thing and it's a nail polish trio in an super cute purple Anna Sui house tin. The lipstick looks beautiful, gorgeous shade of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Deb I know, I've always loved the packaging on her products... I don't know why it took me so long to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The packaging is so beautiful! <3 I love the lipstick shade too; gorgeous!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousJuly 30, 2011

    Love this color on you! I recently got into lipstick myself and now I'm obsessed. I just did a post on it not too long ago.

    Check it out some time at http://stylelustpages.com!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there!
    How are you doing?
    Can you believe I have never tried Anna Sui's products?
    It is a pity because I think I would really love them, I think the packaging is so beautiful!
    But I believe they are not available in my country, I will check!
    Anyway, thanks so much for the review,
    XOXO from a new follower here,
    Catanya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice lipcolor! I am so obsessed with lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's a great color on you! but i just never have good results with lipstick for me. :(

    so jealous that you went to europe! i've been wanting to go for the longgggest.

    i find it super cute that you sketch out your outfits before you travel. i tend to do that too... haha. can't wait to see more posts from your vacation! :)

    xx,
    cins - design3rd

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh really nice colour! Lipstick never looks good on me either (commenting on above post) but it looks great on you! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.