August 2, 2011

Europe Part 2: Paris, Je T'Aime

The last time I went to Paris I was about 3 years old, so I obviously remembered absolutely nothing about the city. This time around, I have so many great memories from my short stay that I'm sure I'll never forget it again.

For example, the streets of Paris looked exactly like how I imagined they would. Case in point: where our hotel was located in the 5e arrondissement.


Notre Dame was only a short walk away, as was the infamous Shakespeare & Company bookstore.


I went to sooo many museums over the course of my 3 weeks in Europe, but a trip to the Louvre was necessary to check out all the famous artwork (oh you know... just that little painting called the Mona Lisa...). However, I actually enjoyed Napoleon's Apartments the most. Seriously, how amazing is this dining room?


Next on the agenda was the Eiffel Tower, which we decided to climb to get a better view of the city. Walking up the stairs is cheaper than taking the elevator and the lineup is much shorter.


We visited the Panthéon, where I decided to take a rest on the steps...


And of course, our trip would not have been complete without a stroll down the Champs-Élysées for a peek at the Arc de Triomphe and a visit to Sacré-Cœur.


Once all our tourist-y stuff was done, my bf and I enjoyed relaxing over food and wine at the many outdoor cafes the city has to offer. I wish we could have these outdoor cafes in Vancouver but unfortunately it rains too much for that to be possible. Plus, it just wouldn't have that European flavour. The food in Paris, by the way, is YUMMY. I wanted to eat baguettes all day everyday, and I usually hate bread!


Anyway, that was an overload of pictures... I hope you enjoyed! 

Stay tuned for the last part of my Europe trip featuring Rome in an upcoming post.

16 comments:

  1. amazing, amazing, UH-MAY-ZING! <3

    i wanna go ='(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reliving my short vacation in Paris through your photos, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous and I love that you look so stylish even as a tourist! Your sandals look gorgeous (the little peek that I saw) and all your photos make me miss Paris. So glad you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 it all! such an amazing trip, I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! =)

    http://maramasplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVEDDDD looking through your paris photos!! i went last year and it was the most magical place in the world.. i can't wait to move to germany because i plan on making lots of mini trips to paris hahaha.. so excited that place is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep it coming. I love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a weird obsession with L'arc de Triomphe, I can't wait to one day see it in person. Napoleon's apartment looks WOW! loving these photos can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. paris is such an enchanting city.
    seems like you're having an amazing time over there.

    xx // themerrimari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great trip ;) Very cute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i loved looking through all your europe photos. so jealous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm that baguette looks delicious :) Pretty pictures. I want to go to Europe someday! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gahhh, I'm just going to indulge in your photos - I would love to visit Paris one day. That's actually my graduation dream haha. It's such a beautiful place!! Hope you enjoyed your stay Alison :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww, fabulous photos! my bf and I also walked up the Eifel Tower - so much more fun that using the lift :-) only our opinion :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Paris <3 love it :) And fabulous pictures :)

    xxx

    ps: You can join our $25 gift card giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.