April 26, 2013

Canvas Salon (Mani/Pedis, Eyelash Extensions and more!)

Canvas Salon is a bustling hair and nail salon located in the heart of Kitsilano on West 4th Avenue. I happen to live nearby so when they invited me in to review some of their services I jumped at the chance of possibly finding a new go-to in my neighbourhood.

After meeting with the lovely Quyen, who runs the salon, I was offered a drink and then seated in one of the comfortable massage pedicure chairs. Quyen suggested trying a gel manicure since I've never had one before and I was given the task of selecting a colour from one of the many options.


The salon uses OPI GelColor, which wears like a gel but looks and feels like a lacquer. My nails required no drying time after they were cured and resulted in a glossy, chip-free finish. I'm super impressed with how well they've held up and they're a great option for those who are hard on their hands/nails. However, since I like to change my nail polish frequently, gel nails will probably be reserved for special occasions like if I'm going on an extended trip or vacation.


With sandal season almost upon us, my feet were also in need of some major TLC. Canvas Salon's pedicure services were just what I needed and were nothing short of luxurious. I even received a hot stone massage - talk about pampering!


I wanted to try some colours that I don't already have in my collection so I opted for OPI GelColor in On Her Majesty's Secret Service on my nails and OPI Cuckoo For This Color on my toes. These ended up being great picks as I've already gotten quite a few compliments!


In addition to their hair and nail services, Canvas Salon offers waxing and eyelash extensions. I've always been curious about eyelash extensions because my lashes grow straight and are virtually non-existent if not curled.

Jesse, the lash technician, first went over the different kinds of lashes with me and we decided on "hard" lashes, which hold a curl longer, at a natural length (I didn't want anything too crazy or dramatic). He meticulously applied each individual lash and the result was exactly what I wanted. Here's a "before" and "after" comparison so you can see how sad my natural eyelashes look:


After Jesse's hard work, this is what my lashes now look like when my eyes are closed. Can you believe how full they are? The lash extensions basically doubled my natural eyelash hairs.


And when my eyes are open, it looks like I'm wearing mascara... but I'm not! I love being able to skip that step in the morning.


All in all, I had an amazing time at Canvas and can't wait to go back with my friends for pedicures in a few weeks. If you're in the Vancouver area, you should definitely stop by. Everyone is super friendly, the services were great, and they also stock products from brands like Moroccanoil, bumble & bumble, Kevin Murphy, and Davines.


Address: 2254 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Website: http://www.canvassalon.ca

24 comments:

  1. Okay, seriously, those lash extensions are out of this world! I'd never thought of you as having short lashes, but the difference in the before and after shots is incredible. I've always thought lash extensions were sort of silly, but my mind is officially changed! Love your polish choices, too :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness girl, you got the whole works! What a fab pamper day!

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eyelash extensions look amazing! How long do they last?

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told they can last 4-6 weeks if you take care of them!

      Delete
  4. Those lash extensions are so pretty and look great on you! I've never tried lash extensions before but I wanted to look into it a bit more since my lashes are so short. Great choice of nail polish for your mani & pedi as well!

    Louise
    dreadustx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice for the eyes =]


    Peace,
    Glória
    Yellow Blog [blog design] - http://yellowblog.storenvy.com
    Check out my modern, fun, and classy blog designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the colours you went for on your toes and hands!

    Hannah from http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eyelash extensions are the best invention, right after internet :-)

    WorldByBella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those lashes look great! I used to do eyelash extensions too when I still worked in Belgium as a make-up artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have so much patience! I can't believe how much work it is.

      Delete
  9. Wow, those eyelashes look amazing! How long do they last for?

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4-6 weeks if you take good care of them... they fall off with your natural eyelashes so it can also depend on how fast your lashes grow.

      Delete
  10. The lashes look amazing and so natural! I've had eyelash extensions done twice before but I always found them to be too high maintenance after a while. Sometimes I just want to rub my eyes and put my face into the water when I'm showering!

    Marisa
    http://style-rhapsody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I know what you mean. I didn't realize I rubbed my eyes so often until the ability was suddenly taken away from me!

      Delete
  11. Makes me wanna go to the salon too :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. How freaking awesome. All of it! The lashes and the gel color. I personally love the look of the gel but it destroys my finernails when they remove it :(

    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard removing OPI GelColor isn't as harsh as other brands... fingers crossed for when I remove mine!

      Delete
  13. really nice salon treatment! love the metallic nails and subtle make up on your eyes :)
    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin'?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waou, I was just thinking about trying extended lashes but was too afraid to do it :)
    Your article actually convinced me :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know if I could commit to lash extensions (even though yours are amazing), but I definitely need a pedi asap haha.

    I hope you're well xo

    Melissa
    http://miss-melissa.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I need lash extensions. x

    Tanya | Cat at Heart

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pedi looks so relaxing!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.