August 3, 2013

Insta-Life / Insta-Beauty

Can you believe it's already August? I feel like time has just flown by. Since things were so busy at the beginning of summer (my trip to Hawaii, moving, work, and life in general), I'm really hoping to make the most of what's left. So while I'm relaxing this long weekend (Happy BC Day!), here's a recap of what I've been up to lately...

Early birthday present from my boyfriend: Biria CitiBike 700C Step-Through 7 Speed... just need to get a wicker basket!

A little something from Louis Vuitton: monogram vernis key pouch in Pomme D'Amour

Adding some fun to my drink with these heart-shaped ice cubes

Gorgeous trees during a hike at Lynn Valley in North Vancouver

Kamei Baru grand opening party

Warming up with some ramen on a cool summer night


Last month I also introduced a new "Insta-Beauty" round-up blog feature, and have another set of products that I've been experimenting with to share with you all.

Firstly, Revlon's #DareToWearBlue campaign presented the fun challenge of creating a bold blue eye look with the PhotoReady Primer + Shadow palette in Avant Garde plus a few other products. The Lash Potion mascara comes in some of the prettiest mascara packaging I've ever seen but unfortunately the formula is too wet to hold a curl in my straight Asian lashes. The PhotoReady Kajal Intense Eye Liner + Brightener pencils are double-ended so that you can line with the darker side and use the lighter side on your water line. I've been loving blue liner lately so I particularly like Blue Nile.


Schick recently introduced their new Hydro Silk Disposables, a disposable version of their popular Hydro Silk Razor (which I previously reviewed here). These razors are almost identical to the originals, featuring the same moisture-replenishing benefits and Water-Activated Moisturizing Serum, except they have the added bonus of convenience/portability. The next time I travel somewhere these will definitely be my razors of choice.


Another exciting nail polish launch is on its way this September from AVON as well. Urban Splatter will feature six sheer colours with matte black & white flecks that can be worn alone or over another nail polish. The bases are quite sheer so I prefer to layer these but they're an interesting take on the standard glitter polish. They actually remind me a lot of the Maybelline ColorShow Polka Dots collection I've been seeing a lot of lately.


As always, don't forget to follow me on Instagram if you're not doing so already! My username is @alison_elle.

15 comments:

  1. Loving your new Louis Vuitton key pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't believe it's August either! Gorgeous photos.
    That bike is amazing and I love the look of the Avon polishes, i'm a big fan of the Maybelline one in Chalk Dust.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh interesting, those Maybelline polishes have been getting pretty good reviews. Good to know!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend! Hope you enjoyed your birthday girl - love the new bike! I'm dying for a cute pastel pink cruiser w/ a basket, but I haven't been able to find the perfect one just yet. It'll make the perfect picnic company ;)

    Picnics are my favourite - inexpensive and relaxing. You and your bf should def do the same since there are plenty of scenic locations in BC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True true - I just need an adorable Kate Spade picnic basket ;)

      Delete
  4. Great pictures! The bike is really cute and a wicker basket would definitely add a nice touch! :) And the ice cubes are just so adorable in your drink. :P

    Those Avon polishes look pretty cool. I just recently tried to cosmic line and liked it a lot. Now, I need to go find another Avon person so I can order those. haha

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier this week! I'm now following you through GFC, blogloving, and ig. ;)

    ☮ Melli { Casual Beauty }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Cosmic line a lot too. I feel like AVON has really stepped up their game, especially in terms of polish launches... there always seems to a new collection coming out.

      Delete
  5. love nailpolish http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/08/my-wedding-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. yaay love all of your insta snaps!! Your new LV is so fab! cute!
    Also...heart ice cubes....NEED!
    I'm gonna keep up with your new feature!!

    Have a great week!
    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this post!! that bike is amazing.. so sweet of your bf!

    "heart" the heart ice cubes hehe!! love that you put it in a red colored drink too.. it's like a reverse valentines muhahah :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bike is adorable and I love your little LV key pouch. I've been thinking about purchasing one of those for myself and you've definitely convinced me that I need one in my life!

    Marisa
    http://style-rhapsody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super useful, especially if you have a bunch of different keys. I got tired of scrounging around in my bag for various key chains!

      Delete
  9. Your LV pouch is adorable. I love the vernis collection. *googly eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, totally excited to see swatches of those nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.