August 1, 2013

MAC Cosmetics Gorgeous Eyes Collection: Showstopper, Devilishly Dark, and Pink Freeze

I was lucky enough to receive a few quads from the upcoming MAC Cosmetics Gorgeous Eyes Collection to preview and let me tell you... they are amazing.

Clockwise from bottom left: Showstopper, Devilishly Dark, Pink Freeze

Those of you who are avid MAC fans may recognize these as having been previously released in the Asia-exclusive Lovely Collection this past Spring. However, now we North Americans will also be able to get our hands on them!

Showstopper is a neutral quad that contains Oh My Darling (pale frosty cream; frost), Jest (soft peach with icy shimmer; frost), Mineralism (softly tarnished silver with frost; lustre), and Showstopper (deep blackened brown; matte). I actually already own Showstopper (the eye shadow) and use it a ton as a crease colour so I'm glad it's making a reappearance in this collection for those who might not have it.


Devilishly Dark is another neutral quad with gold themes. It contains Manila Paper (pale frosted white gold; veluxe pearl), Goldmine (intense gold with shimmer; frost), Honey Lust (bronze-dipped peach; lustre), and Devilishly Dark (rich brown with gold pearl; frost). These shades are great for creating a gilded, warm eye.


Pink Freeze is a pink-based quad made up of Pink Freeze (bright pink with icy pearl; frost), Bruised Plum (frosted mid-tone dirty mauve; veluxe pearl); Deception (frosty golden brown; frost), and Magic Moor (purple grape; veluxe pearl). I don't usually gravitate towards cool, frosty colours like Pink Freeze but the addition of the other three shadows results in a gorgeous purple smokey eye.


Seriously, aren't they so pretty? MAC has always offered the option of custom-made quads but sometimes it's just easier when the pros have done it for you. After all, they're the ones who know what colour combinations work best together!

Find these three quads (plus two more - Melt My Heart and Hold My Gaze) as of August 15, 2013.

16 comments:

  1. I don't own any MAC eyeshadows but really should! Maybe i'll pick up one of these quads, they look so pretty!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC has been my go-to for eyeshadows for almost a decade! Try them, you will definitely like them ;)

      Delete
  2. I love the looks you've created and the palettes look so versatile. I've never tried any MAC eyeshadows before but Showstopper really reminds me of this Lancome eyeshadow palette I have.

    Louise | Vanity Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of brands seem to have variations of that palette but I personally never get sick of them. I'm a neutrals girl through and through!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great reviews on them!

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SpoonfulOfDiamondsv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning colours and very helpful comments to go with them!

    RUNNINGINPLATFORMS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, gorgeous palettes. Devilishly Dark is my definite favourite. Thanks for the review! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wore it to a wedding last weekend and it was a hit... the gold makes such a good base to the eye look!

      Delete
  7. Oooh, what gorgeous palettes! These are great colours!! I am a big fan of Pink Freeze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised at how much I ended up liking Pink Freeze myself!

      Delete
  8. aww so envious! have been eyeing some of Mac's collections and so glad it doesn't disappoint!

    wishuponasmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these color palettes girl! They look neutral enough for the day, but can easily be turned into a bold look for night:)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks really good! Love your blog, followed on bloglovin xo

    http://caitlinaaa.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so gorgeous, I want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Devilishly Dark looks amazing! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.