September 17, 2013

MAKE UP FOR EVER #110 Foundation Kabuki Brush

MAKE UP FOR EVER recently released its Artisan Brush Collection, the most expansive luxury makeup brush collection available today with seventy-six (yes, you read that right) brushes in total. Aside from the years of work spent developing these beautiful hand-crafted brushes, what makes them even more special is their specific synthetic fibre technology. The brushes with straight fibres allow for more generous and precise application, while the brushes with wavy fibres allow for a lighter and freer application. 

I was lucky enough to receive one of the face brushes to preview, the #110 Foundation Kabuki Brush (Medium). All of the brushes are numbered (100s = complexion; 200s = eyes; 300s = lips; and 400s = artistic specially designed for professionals).


The #110 is a medium, dense kabuki brush made with straight fibres and tapered bristles that form a point. This shape provides flexibility for even greater firmness and precision than with a traditional kabuki. As you can see, it's also got a short and slender gunmetal handle that fits nicely in my hand and feels quite weighty. However, most of the brushes in the collection are actually made with beech wood handles (though the gunmetal is featured on all the ferrules).


MAKE UP FOR EVER recommends this brush for all types of foundations to get a quick and even result. In particular, liquid foundations but also compact and loose powders. I personally use mineral foundation on an everyday basis so a good kabuki brush is a beauty necessity. The #110 does its job extremely well, blending and buffing to perfection. Plus, the tapered point makes it easy to apply the powder around my nose in a more controlled fashion. Turns out I love this brush so much that it's actually replaced my trusty MAC 182 which I've been using for the past 8 years. Now that's how you know it's good!

All brushes are available at Sephora online and MAKE UP FOR EVER boutiques. Select brushes are also available in Sephora stores.

15 comments:

  1. I've been reading good reviews on this collection so far! Are they only on sale on Sephora's website, or in stores as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The entire collection is available at Sephora online but only select brushes (not the whole collection) are available in stores.

      Delete
  2. I need A new brush and this one looks great
    kisses from Milan
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in Sephora today and saw a few of the brushes! I need the blush brush in my life, and plan on buying it on the next trip ;) The quality is amazing! So soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, hard to believe they're all synthetic! I'll have to check out that blush brush on my next trip to Sephora.

      Delete
  4. 76 brushes? Wow! This one looks awesome! :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Wanna get one now :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried a Makeup Forever brush! Will have to check them out!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    http://petiteinpearls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. 76? Thats crazy! Looks really soft and fluffy-- would love to try it out one day :)

    thanks for stopping by my blog!
    biffsquiggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to try make up for ever products but they are not widely available at all in the UK x

    ofbeauty&nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the brushes are quite good aren't they?? I'm tempted to pick up a big fluffy brush in addition to what I have! That kabuki face brush must be amazing for you to make such a switch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I never thought anything would topple the MAC 182 but I really like this. I want to go touch all the brushes, haha!

      Delete
  10. This brush looks ah-mazing!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.