September 30, 2013

Yves Rocher: Volume Vertige Lash Curler Effect Mascara & Single Eyeshadow Intense Color

Back in high school, my mom and I used to frequent the Yves Rocher store at our local mall but I haven't been to one in years as there are no stores here on the west coast. Now given the chance to reacquaint myself with the brand, which is known for its botanical ingredients, I have to say that I really like what I've seen so far.

This month Yves Rocher launched its new Volume Vertige Lash Curler Effect Mascara ($22 CAD), enriched with Elemi Gum which is a fixing botanical extract.


The patented Reservoir Brush is designed to release product without having to dip the brush back into the tube every time you coat your lashes and the Elemi gum formula is touted to be "as effective as a lash curler." However, as my issues with non-waterproof mascara have been well-documented, I remained cautiously optimistic when it came to testing this out.

Overall, Volume Vertige is not bad but it will not be replacing any of my favourites. While it did not cause as much drooping as many other non-waterproof mascaras, I don't find it adds much volume to my sparse lashes. I would recommend this for someone with fuller, naturally curled lashes (I don't think I'll ever be able to get away with not using an eyelash curler first).


In addition to the mascara, there are 36 new shades of Single Eyeshadow Intense Color ($16 CAD) to look forward to and collect. Made with rice extract, the eyeshadows have a creamy texture and come in three finishes: satiny, matte, and sparkling.

I received Nude Rose and Matte Ash Brown to try out and was very impressed with the formulas of both. Nude Rose is a satiny finish with some shimmer. It works great as a base or highlight colour. Matte Ash Brown, my personal favourite, makes an excellent crease colour.


The folks at Yves Rocher also happen to be giving away a makeup kit valued at $275 every week until October 15 during their Makeup Days contest. Be sure to check out their Facebook and Pinterest for more information... it's a great way to get your hands on some amazing products!

5 comments:

  1. Wow will definitely have to give that a go!

    Following on GFC :)

    Justaddcakeuk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eye colors look great on you!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I might try this mascara once my current one runs out :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this brand! I'll have to see if any of their products are in a store close by- I would love to swatch some of their shadows!! They look amazing on you :D
    Hope your having a great week so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The texture and pigmentation of the shadows is great... hope you're able to get your hands on them :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.