October 3, 2013

LUSH Cosmetics Let The Good Times Roll Facial Cleanser and Popcorn Lip Scrub

Popcorn is one of my favourite snacks (speaking of, have you seen my post on microwave marshmallow caramel popcorn?), so it should come as no surprise that some popcorn-inspired products I was recently sent are topping my beauty must-haves list. It should also come as no surprise that LUSH Cosmetics is the company behind them.


First up is Let The Good Times Roll, which used to be a limited edition holiday item that LUSH fans couldn't get enough of. Good news for everyone: it's now permanent!

This popular cleansing roll is made with maize flour and polenta to gently exfoliate, corn oil to even out skin tone, and cinnamon to boost circulation and create a healthy glow. Skin is left softened and soothed thanks to a hefty dose of glycerine, which keeps skin nourished and moisturized. To use, simply pinch off pea-sized piece, mix with water to make a paste, smooth over your face, and rinse off with water.


Although Let The Good Times Roll is supposedly popcorn-inspired, it smells much more like vanilla cookies or cake to me. So delicious that I just want to eat it all up (but unfortunately it's not edible).

Thankfully, the people at LUSH think of everything. As with all of their lip scrubs, the aptly named Popcorn Lip Scrub is 100% edible... meaning after you scrub and buff your lips to softness, you can just lick off the excess! The mixture tastes a little bit sweet and a little bit salty, just like kettle corn. Yum!


Find both of these popcorn-inspired products online or at a LUSH store near you.

16 comments:

  1. Let the Good Time Rolls sounds really good. Will have to grab it. I love Lush products and I am slowly more drawn to their skin products.

    Thanks for the recipe for the marshmallow caramel popcorn. Will definitely have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beware, the marshmallow caramel popcorn is totally addictive!

      Delete
  2. the LUSH popcorn lip scrub is on my to buy list! can't wait to try it xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get a lip scrub. Thanks for the review!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried Lush before because they aren't around me, but that lip scrub sounds yummy!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, then you've never had the proper Lush store experience with all of its delightful scents that you can smell a mile away. Hope you get to try some of their products soon!

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried this one but I will have to! =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Let the Good Times Roll face scrub! Seriously the best smelling face scrub I've ever used. Does the Popcorn scrub taste more like buttery popcorn or say caramel popcorn? I'm hoping the latter b/c regular popcorn smell just puts me off after having worked at a movie theater through my teen years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes like kettle corn so a mix of salty and sweet... super yummy!

      Delete
  7. Oh my, I'm going to have to get that lip scrub, especially since it's actually edible! I don't frequent LUSH very often but kettle corn is my absolute favourite popcorn and that fact alone is enough to get me into the store!

    Marisa
    http://style-rhapsody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love kettle corn too. I always buy the giant bags at Night Market and fairs!

      Delete
  8. ohhh that lip scrubs sounds interesting especially considering it's pop corn flavoured hehe. Great that its edible uh lol. Love lush! Haven't been there in a while so I'll need to check it out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol I purposely put on a thick layer of scrub so that I have an excuse to eat most of it! Lush lip scrubs have been my favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the idea of edible lip scrubs was kind of weird at first but I am a convert!

      Delete
  10. I was able to get a hold of this facial cleanser when it was first released last holiday season so I'm so glad it's back again. I love how the scent lingers and it just makes my skin feel so clean.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.