October 9, 2013

Revlon by Marchesa Nail Art 3D Jewel Appliqués: Gilded Mosaic

I showed you Royal Burgundy a few weeks ago and thanks to the kind folks at Revlon I'm back again with Gilded Mosaic from the limited edition Revlon by Marchesa Nail Art 3D Jewel Appliqués™ Collection.


Gilded Mosaic was inspired by this beautiful Marchesa gown and the design features a black base with raised gold beads and silver accents. SO pretty.

This time around I was also able to perfect how I apply these nail appliqués for optimal use. First, I realized that because my nails are short I can actually cut the strips in half and use one appliqué for two nails. This means I'll be able to get twice the wear from one pack (or more if I just do accent nails). Second, I filed off the excess with a light downwards motion holding the nail file vertically as opposed to holding it horizontally and filing from side-to-side. This resulted in significantly less premature tip wear as my mani is still going strong 5 days later. I knew my vigorous filing was to blame...


All eight Revlon by Marchesa appliqué designs are now available at drugstores and mass retailers for $8.95 CAD. They appear to be quite popular (for obvious reasons), so better get your hands on them while you can!

21 comments:

  1. Oh my, this design is so pretty! <3 (: so cute with this jewel design. These appliques seem good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! It's the Marchesa look without the price tag of one of their dresses.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh... those are gorgeous!! I need to try those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern on these. www.northernstyleexposure.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Will keep my eyes peeled for these.

    http://www.sylvialoveslipstick.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This design is so pretty!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG dying! this is so awesome!! love how the crystals are applied already! that is sooo so chic!

    yes! i've been using the shiseido eyelash curler.. and i definitely agree.. heart it way more then my shu umera!! i dunno why everyone loves the shu one more!! weird that we both prefer the shiseido one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I don't know why people like the Shu Uemura one better either... it pinches my eyes!

      Delete
  7. Oh wow they're absolutely beautiful! I love them, and would love to get some xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're able to get your hands on them - they are super pretty in real life as well!

      Delete
  8. ohmygosh how gorgeous are those. I still haven't seen them around and I'm dying to get my hands on some. They are so pretty :)

    xoxo, charlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review, thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to try these out!

    Xo,

    Elise

    www.w-t-fab.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look great on you! Great tips for application - I'll keep them in mind as I go through my own pack :)

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  11. where did you find these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received them as a media preview from Revlon but if you are in Canada, I have seen them at Shoppers Drug Mart and London Drugs. They are selling out super quickly though!

      Delete
    2. thank you i will take a look!

      Delete
    3. Hope you find them! My local Shoppers only had a pack of the Evening Garnet ones left.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.