December 9, 2013

New Hair thanks to Salon Haze!

I've been in desperate need of a haircut so Salon Haze's invitation to stop by and experience their services came at the perfect time. Located in the heart of Kits, it's easily accessible (bonus points since it's in my neighbourhood!) with lots of street parking in the area.


Inside, the salon space is super bright with a clean, fairly minimalist decor. It feels very contemporary but is comfy and relaxing at the same time. 

After being offered a beverage and having my hair washed, I was lucky enough to have my hair cut by Tim Kuo, one of Salon Haze's co-owners who was recently crowned BC Hairstylist of the Year 2013. Tim's level of skill and expertise was immediately obvious to me as he analyzed my hair and offered suggestions on how to tackle my baby hairs and amp up the volume. We decided to snip off about 3 inches and I was happy to leave my hair in Tim's capable hands as he worked his magic. In the end, I was left with a new shorter style that I absolutely love.


Tim also took the time to go over some recommended styling products, showing me how to use them in my own hair. The salon conveniently stocks a range of product lines, including MoroccanOil and American Crew, as well as professional hairstyling tools, and I found it particularly helpful to get a hands-on demonstration as correct/appropriate usage can sometimes be elusive.


Finding a good hairstylist who understands your hair and delivers consistently can be an arduous process. At least in my case, I've been bouncing from stylist to stylist for a while... but after meeting Tim I think my search is finally over. The stylists at Salon Haze clearly know what they're doing (I saw some great haircuts on other customers as I was getting my own hair done). If you're looking to get your hair cut, coloured, or styled, Salon Haze is definitely the place to go... trust me, you will leave looking and feeling fabulous!


Location: 2996 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC
Website: http://www.salonhaze.com

18 comments:

  1. Thank You for sharing such a nice post!
    Wish you a blessed day ahead!

    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur new haircut looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks so fresh and healthy! Great post!
    And thanks for your lovely comment <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely feels much healthier - the ends were so dry before!

      Delete
  4. gorgeous hair!!!! you look so good!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new hair looks great! Very clean, classic and put together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. Your hair looks amazing. I'm defiantly going to visit that salon in the future. It looks so clean and chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love white spaces like this. Let me know if you end up going - would love to see how your hair turns out!

      Delete
  7. Your hair looks great!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous new do! Love it for the winter season.

    xo

    www.PlumPrettySugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Surely try this style for my Christmas and new year parties.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always great to hear a reeeally good review for a hair stylist - hair cuts can be a really big deal for me! Your cut looks great!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.