January 3, 2014

Urban Decay Naked3 Palette

When the Urban Decay Naked3 Palette was released last month, I knew I had to have it. I already have the original Naked Palette (for a fun trip back in my blog's history, see this review from 3.5 years ago) and had skipped out on Naked2 and Naked Basics... but this time around, I just could not say "no" to the prettiness.


For $52 USD, Naked 3 includes the following 12 full-sized shadows: Strange (pale neutral pink matte-satin), Dust (pale metallic pink shimmer with iridescent micro-glitter), Burnout (light pinky-peach satin), Limit (light dusty rose matte), Buzz (metallic rose shimmer with silver microglitter), Trick (light metallic pinky-copper shimmer with tonal microsparkle), Nooner (medium pinky-brown matte), Liar (medium metallic mauve shimmer), Factory (pinky-brown satin), Mugshot (metallic taupe shimmer with slight pink shift), Darkside (deep taupe-mauve satin), and Blackheart (smoky black matte with rosy red microsparkle). Dust was a disappointing glittery mess with major fallout, but the other shadows are well pigmented and apply evenly. My current favourites are Limit, Nooner, and Blackheart.

As you can see, the palette features a warm rose gold colourway, which I feel is quite a departure from the previous Naked Palettes. I do love that Urban Decay has released brand new shadows instead of repeats like they did with Naked/Naked2 but these aren't shades that I would necessarily consider neutrals. The colour combinations are not that versatile and you would still need some other basic shadows to complement what's inside (something to keep in mind if you don't own much makeup and are looking to invest in a standalone palette). In my case, having an extensive collection thankfully makes up for this downfall, so I've actually been enjoying Naked3 a lot. 


Housed in sturdy packaging similar to Naked2, Naked3 also comes with a dual-ended synthetic brush which is nicer than the tiny brushes typically included with eyeshadow palettes, though I personally prefer softer brushes. Additionally, there are 4 Primer Potion samples... kind of a cheap throwaway, in my opinion. While the sample sizes are generous enough, they'll probably dry out quickly and aren't easy to travel with like the cute mini UDPPs that have been included in the past.

All in all, I do like this palette a lot but I just don't think it's an "everyday" palette. What do you think? Have any of you purchased Naked3?

16 comments:

  1. LOVE these colours!
    Love your blog, new follower :)

    www.georginaclare.com
    .Georgina Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would agree with you in the sense that I often blend in a darker brown shadow that is one of my favorites... this palette has a lot of shimmery colors, which I don't wear on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I usually use the same dark browns as crease colours. I do like Darkside and Blackheart from this palette in the crease though.

      Delete
  3. Not gonna lie, I always assumed the Naked palettes were somewhat intended to be used as a collection. It just seems like so many of the shades in Naked and Naked 2 would compliment the ones in Naked 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the original Naked came out I assumed it was supposed to be a standalone everyday neutral palette but now that UD keeps pumping out products in the line, I think you're right. That certainly does seem like the direction they're taking it in anyway, though I do wonder how many Naked Palettes we really need... they are just encouraging beauty junkies like us to keep on collecting, I guess!

      Delete
  4. I do love these colors in this palette and I have to go buy this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This palette is to die for! I need to buy it! :) Nice review! Xo

    Visit my blog: LABELS AND LATTES

    Xo,
    Rina <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got this palette for christmas but haven't had a chance to play around with it though. However, I think I'm going to love it!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you review it when you get around to using it... I love finding out others' thoughts!

      Delete
  8. The packaging of this palette would entice me to buy it more than the actual shadows themselves, hehe. I think I'll probably stick to the original Naked palette, myself. Thanks for the review!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know. I am such a sucker for packaging too!

      Delete
  9. So jealous you have this it's so out everywhere at the minute here. I think the shades look beautiful but I think you're right about it not being an everyday palette like the Naked Basics
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it the day it was released but it took a while to arrive! Hope they restock soon!

      Delete
  10. Once my arrived (finally!) I wasn't sure about it. Glad there was no repeats, but I think a shade like Naked or Buck from the original palette would have been nice for blending. It's nice, but original naked and Lorac Pro will remain my fav and my go-to for any travelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe the nightmare we all had waiting for our orders... you especially! I agree with you re: travelling, those other two palettes are just way more versatile.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.