February 24, 2014

LOFT launches nail polish!

That's right, LOFT of Ann Taylor/LOFT is launching a nail polish line! With twelve shades to start and retailing at $6.50, the polishes all appear to be cream formulas in a range of wearable but on-trend colours.


I'm always intrigued when clothing retailers decide to branch out into beauty because sometimes the products turn out to be unnecessary and disappointing money grabs. In rare cases, however, they can be standalone hits (Joe Fresh is a good example).

I was lucky enough to get a sneak preview of LOFT's own offerings when PR sent over a bottle for me to try, and I have to say that I was actually quite impressed.


Simply called Blue, this polish is more of a periwinkle than a true blue but right up my alley colour-wise. The formula was creamy but not watery (think American Apparel nail polish) and was easily opaque in just one coat though I did two for good measure. Isn't it so pretty?

Now for the bad news: as of right now, this new nail polish line will only be launching in the US due to importing complications. However, I'm holding out hope that us Canadians will get it soon. After all, Vancouver did only just get a LOFT store.

8 comments:

  1. Omg I have to try these! The colors are so pretty!

    Kristin
    Crumbs & Curls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like the colors. They match my idea of the brand, which is anything simple, classic, yet a little fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, they really are a good fit for the LOFT brand.

      Delete
  3. I have to try these! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I haven't seen these at any of my local loft stores, but I'll keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're new... should be appearing soon if they're not there already!

      Delete
  5. so many pretty colors! I like that periwinkle shade! One of my fave colors!

    Amanda | feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.