March 23, 2014

Make Up For Ever HD Pressed Powder and Cream Blush

MAKE UP FOREVER has launched a couple new products over the past few months that I am super excited about and thanks to PR, I've been happily testing them out over the past little while. Now to share my thoughts!

First, I've been liking the HD Pressed Powder ($41 CAD), a talc-free finishing powder that offers the same benefits as MUFE's popular Microfinish Loose Powder but in a purse friendly compact.


The product is offered in only one shade which, as you can see from the photo above, looks insanely white in the pan. It actually appears translucent on the skin (apparently for all skin types). The powder is finely milled and once on, gives the skin a "soft focus effect" that feels very comfortable when worn. Unfortunately, I do have to touch up quite a few times throughout the day but with my oily skin this is kind of par for the course.

MUFE recommends using a brush like their #124 Kabuki Artisan Brush to apply the powder which I've been doing when I apply the powder before I leave in the morning. However, for on-the-go, it might make more sense to use a sponge/puff (but note that you'd have to purchase one separately).

This Spring, MUFE is also launching a new line of HD Cream Blush ($31 CAD). Unlike the former cream blush collection that came in pump bottles, these ones come in small compacts with mirrors for easy portability.


With sixteen shades available, I decided to opt for something a little out of the ordinary (at least for me). #520 Black Currant is the darkest shade in the range and I was very curious to see what it would look like. I typically gravitate towards peach and pink blushes but this one just looked so unique!

When initially swatched, the blush is quite pigmented. However, you can blend it into the skin for only the lightest flush, as I did, or keep layering if you want to build on more colour. Personally, I think #520 would make a great Fall/Winter blush for those with lighter skin tones, and would suit a lot of darker skin tones year round.


The formula itself isn't super "smooshy" but more waxy, if that description makes any sense. This means it's easier to control how much product you pick up either with your fingertips, a sponge, or a brush. Foolproof!

13 comments:

  1. So, I've been looking to try new makeup....so glad I have you, and I was looking specifically into makeupforever, so this is great!!! Thanks for your review and can't wait to look into it more.

    Amanda | feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color is so gorgeous. I want a lipstick that color more than a blush haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... now that you mention it, I wonder if it could be used as a lip tint? I'll have to try it!

      Delete
  3. The blush looks gorgeous! I love how it doesn't show up on the skin too much. I'm visiting the States in May so will definitely try and pick up some MUFE make up when I'm there.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was pleased to see it could be sheered out quite a bit. Might try going bolder next time though!

      Delete
  4. You were so adventurous with your blush pick! LOL! I was so boring and chose the second most neutral shade in the pack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost did the same but I figured I should really be trying something new for a change!

      Delete
  5. Wow, I'm totally surprised by how sheer you can get the colour! It looks so intimidating in the pan, but you're right in that it would make a fantastic fall/winter shade.

    www.xjole.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE MUFE!!! I have so many of their products. I have the HD powder but in the loose powder format - I hadn't seen this compact yet...very cool.

    xx
    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. THat blush looks gorgeous! Definitely want to try it out now.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love reading you reviews! Thanks!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.