March 12, 2014

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi

I have been loving any and all lip crayons lately (these Revlon ones are awesome and the Annabelle TwistUp Retractable Lip Crayons are also favourites), so it's no surprise that I found myself hovering over the lip pencils while at the NARS counter a few weeks ago. After swatching a few, I ended up purchasing the NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi.


This is my first time trying NARS lip pencils but since I love all their other products, I knew this would probably be a hit... and I was right!

Lodhi is described as a "vibrant coral" and while bright, is still easy to wear. It's well pigmented and would make a great summer colour (I'm a total follower of seasonal makeup). Personally, I can see myself wearing this shade a lot once the weather warms up. The formula is also creamy and hydrating on the lips, which makes for comfortable wearing. So pretty, right?


NARS always gets me on their packaging and these pencils are no exception. They feel smooth and sleek to the touch with a colour swatch on the end so you know what's inside. However, because they aren't twist-ups you do have to sharpen them with a special sharpener. This can get a little messy and waste precious product so I'd recommend popping the pencil in the fridge first to firm it up a bit. Nonetheless, despite this minor annoyance, I still feel the product is worth the money ($30 CAD) and can't wait to check out some other colours!

10 comments:

  1. This color is gorgeous! I definitely want to try a NARS pencil sometime.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! I always get turned off by the price :( xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the price is a little much. But I think a splurge is worth it every once in a while.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love NARS products. Definitely my favourite brand. That shade looks absolutely gorgeous!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I don't own any (just yet), but every time I walk over to the NARS counter in Sephora, Lodhi calls my name. It's such a beautiful shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it! It would look great on you :)

      Delete
  5. Pretty colour for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous on you and of course you can't beat NARS for quality. That really sucks though that they didn't make it self-sharpening and would probably prevent me from buying it when there are cheaper alternatives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fridge tip is awesome! Every time i have to sharpen one of my chubby eye or lip pencils I want to cry as the product disappears...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.