March 2, 2014

Yves Rocher ELIXIR 7.9

I have been using anti-aging skincare products since my early 20s (in my opinion, it's never too early to start taking care of your skin) but have always stuck to my tried and true favourite brand. Now that I'm older, however, I've decided to experiment with some other lines to see what else is out there.

Lucky for me, a few months ago I was sent the Yves Rocher Elixir 7.9 system, which is targeted to people aged 25 years and older to slow down the formation of wrinkles and reactivate the skin's natural moisturization and protection processes. The line is backed by 12 years of research and a combination of 7 plants with anti-aging power (green rice inositol, apple oligosides, aphlioa extract, beet root extract, sandthorn seed extract, aloe vera polyosides, and tara seed extracts) that are recognized by 9 patents.


The Youth Intensifier Serum ($56 CAD for 30 mL) is applied morning and night on clean skin. In the day, I've been using the Youth Energy Day Care ($56 CAD for 40 mL) for normal to combination skin (there is also a dry skin formula and a sensitive skin formula). I really like the creamy gel texture, which feels very lightweight. At night, I apply the thicker balm-like Youth Energy Night Care ($56 CAD for 40 mL). After my respective creams, I have also been using the Youth Energy Eye Care Roll-On ($42 for 15 mL), which has a 3-bead applicator that massages and contours the eye area. I love the cooling sensation but I think I need a miracle product to get rid of my undereye circles!

Overall, I like this line though I'm not sure I've seen any radical changes in my skin in the months I've been using it. Admittedly, I didn't have many visible wrinkles or fines lines to begin with (please stay away forever, haha) so perhaps it is doing its job as a preventative measure. I also haven't experienced any breakouts and the products have lasted a long time even with everyday use. This is a good thing given the fact that these products aren't cheap since I suspect their prices might be a deterrent for some. There are, thankfully, skin care refills ($49 CAD) available, which are an ecological and economical option and can easily be popped into the empty cream jars once done.

14 comments:

  1. This looks so wonderful! And I agree with you. It is never too early to start taking care of your skin.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. same thing happens to me when I use products that are made for reducing wrinkles, etc but I don't have wrinkles so it's hard for me to see the difference. As long as the product doesn't dry out my skin or make me break out, but instead keep moisture then I am a-okay!

    Amanda | feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tried anything of this brand but I'd love to. I am a skincare addicted and I heard wonders about Yves Rocher products !

    Fashion and Cookies
    Join my Romwe heart pattern shirt Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame it's not absolutely phenomenal but at least it didn't completely break you out and be horrible!

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your blog! Your photo's always look great, what camera do you use?
    Beth x

    www.TheBritishGirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I use an Olympus PEN EP-3 for my product photography and a Nikon D90 for outfit photos :)

      Delete
  6. Also so fun trying out new skincare, love that this whole range works together
    Erin x
    Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never tried this brand, but it sounds fine, it doesn't break you out and very lightweight. :)

    xo,
    Emm

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've tried some products from yves rocher before, but my skin and hair are not that responsive to them. anyway, great review :D

    http://oneirevomai.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have used the Elixir 7.9 line but from 2009? Is it the same? I quite liked it ash's can't quite remember why I stopped! I found all the products incredibly hydrating and no wrinkles yet! Knock on wood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the Serum has been around for a few years but the three new lines (for different skin types) are recent innovations.

      Delete
  10. Amazing review! These products seem to be great! =)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. unfortunately I'm a little young for anti-wrinkle creams ):

    xxx Anna
    Ps. I really like your blog, would you like to follow each other? Let me know!
    A Tale of Two Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take care of skin is a good way for beauty, great review!

    Viky --- MySecretFashionPoison

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.