May 14, 2014

MAC Patent Polish Lip Pencils: Innocent + Spontaneous

My lip crayon/pencil addiction is still going strong and these MAC Patent Polish Lip Pencils ($24 CAD/each) are the latest additions to my growing collection.


Like most beauty bloggers I'm a sucker for packaging and, for some reason, I find these pencils absolutely adorable. It's probably a combination of their chubbiness and the unconventional rounded tips (most lip pencils I'm used to seeing have pointed tips which double as lip liners). The ends feature a colour swatch, which is very useful, and they are also twist-ups which means not having to deal with sharpening.

Spontaneous is described as a "soft plum with pearl" and Innocent as a "nude beige." The former is a very wearable pink but unfortunately the latter is too light for me (kind of gives me a corpse-like look... a.k.a. not good).


Both feel comfortable on the lips thanks to a blend of creamy emollients and the formula isn't sticky. However, I wouldn't reach for these lip pencils if you want a really good hit of colour - in my opinion, they are best viewed more as tinted lip balms/glosses. 

13 comments:

  1. Those colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shades suits you well! ^^

    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison! I would like to invite you to be a guest blogger for my Ur Made Up Face Series. I tried your email link on the right bar but it won't go in so if you're interested please email me at joanne.cuaycong@yahoo.com

      Thanks! ^^
      Joanne

      Delete
  3. I didn't even know these were out! May have to give them a try, that Spontaneous color is gorgeous!

    Sequins&Stilettos


    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 14, 2014

    Beautiful shades and I love a chubby lip pencil.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they look gorgeous, must get my hands on these.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the pink one the most on you!!

    Amanda | feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Their both perfect! Love the first one on your the most. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the 'spontaneous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard great things about these, I need to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw I really like the colour of the pink one!

    Hannah xx
    RaspberryKitsch

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pink looks really nice and I agree with the other being too pale. I haven't read your blog in awhile but it's definitely grown since. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw you at Steveston taking outfit photos last summer but thought it'd be weird if I approached you haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From this post, maybe? :P You should have said hi!!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.