May 27, 2014

Prepping for Summer (& Swimsuit Season)

I have to keep reminding myself that it's not officially summer yet, but we have been getting such a good taste of what's (hopefully!) to come weather-wise. I've been going on weekly bike rides and walks around the Seawall (evidence here, here, and here) and basically trying to get in as much sun as possible.

Since I plan on spending lots of time at the beach soon, I've been in major prep mode. First up: a new swimsuit thanks to Hapari. I actually have another swimsuit from them but this year I wanted to go for something with a bit of a retro vibe. I ended up choosing a black bikini top paired with boy shorts to get the look I was going for and I could not be more pleased.


This bikini is extremely comfortable and served me well on my visit to the Scandinave Spa last month (hence the picture of me pretending not to be freezing under the Nordic Shower). It will definitely be in heavy rotation soon enough!

And with swimwear out of the way, I've also been gathering items for my beach bag. You can't go wrong with some sun care, beachy hair, and a yummy fragrance. Can you tell I'm a little overeager for beach time?

mark. That's Beachy Texturizing Surf Spraymark. Hair to Stay Hairties

18 comments:

  1. That suit is so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That suit is darling! I love the retro flair, great pick!

    Sequins&Stilettos


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sky! I love the semi-retro flair as well :)

      Delete
  3. You look great with that suit! Great post!
    Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that retro swimsuit is so cute on you!

    www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 29, 2014

    Love the suit! I definitely can't wait for more summer weather.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's *almost* there... I think we just need to give it a few more weeks ;)

      Delete
  6. ah. I can't wait to wear any of my swim suits! I don't own many since I don't actually go to the beach or tropical locations much but, it's always fun to bust out any of my swim wear for the day I'm there. =D
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you in Cali? You've got so many options!! :P

      Delete
  7. Cool post and products! =)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh I love that suit! I love how you're like pulling away from that spray of water! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJune 06, 2014

    On va vous dire que ce n'est pas incohérent !!!

    My web-site: thaï fille insatiable

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJune 06, 2014

    Je suis venue sur ton site web par hasard
    puis je ne le regrette pas du tout !!!

    My web site :: racaille fille facile

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bathing suit is very cute! A cold water shower sounds very unpleasant. Here's hoping beach weather comes soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.