June 6, 2014

Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure

Fake nails have never really been my thing so when I received an Influenster VoxBox containing two sets of imPRESS Press-On Manicures by Broadway Nails I was initially reluctant to try them out. Plus, I must have been on the "wild animal print" list, for some reason, because the two designs I received are definitely not ones I would have chosen for myself (to put it nicely).

Over The Moon (left) and Dancing Queen (right)

I decided to give these a go anyway and ended up (somewhat) pleasantly surprised. Unlike the rigid acrylics I was expecting, imPRESS nails are actually flexible plastic nail covers that have a peel-off adhesive on the back. Each package contains 24 nail covers of varying sizes which unfortunately might not work for people with small nail beds since they seem to be on the larger side. However, as a bonus application tip: there are numbers etched on the back of each nail to help match up sizes for both hands. It would have been nice if I had realized that before I wasted a ton of time trying to match my nail covers...

After you assemble all the covers to fit your nails, application is super quick and easy. Wipe down your nails with the enclosed prep pad then peel off the adhesive backing and stick. The whole process took no time at all and I was left with a very eye-catching mani.


While I don't think I would wear these regularly, the imPRESS Press-On Manicure is an excellent option for a night out when you don't have time to do your nails. There are also tons of designs available (french manis, basic colours, etc.), so don't let the hideousness of the ones I received deter you from trying them out!

7 comments:

  1. I used the pedicure ones for prom one year and they worked lovely for the night! Definitely great for a night out! xx
    Rena Kiss and Make Up // 150 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 06, 2014

    I didn't expect to like these but I love how the zebra print looks on you!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! i probably wouldn't try the zebra ones either but they look cuter on then i imagined!

    www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like they fit you really well. I personally like the zebra strips. Very trendy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a pretty good fit though I think people with small or super curved nail beds might have a tough time matching the covers to their nails.

      Delete
  5. I have never been into press on nails or acrylics but these look surprisingly good! Fun pattern!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun pattern! Looks really nice on. I don't think my nails would be big enough for them :( I have tried things like this before and failed badly. xo
    EmsAlice // Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.