July 4, 2014

LUSH Cosmetics Vanishing Cream

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of LUSH Cosmetics (be sure to check out my previous reviews if you haven't already) so when the company sent over this pot of Vanishing Cream I was excited to see how it fared.


As LUSH's lightest facial moisturizer, Vanishing Cream is formulated specifically for oily/combination skin. Made with witch hazel to tighten pores and grape seed oil to soften, its main intent is to balance oil production. To be honest, I haven't noticed a significant difference in my skin (i.e. there's no matte finish) but it also doesn't seem to encourage shininess either.

The cream has a very strong lavender scent, which might not appeal to everyone though I personally don't mind it. The main sticking point, however, is the price. At $42.95 CAD for a 45g pot this product is definitely on the more expensive side. If I am paying that much for skincare, it needs to be better than my current HG in order to replace it, which sadly Vanishing Cream is not (for me, anyway). Nonetheless, this product might be a good option for those of you looking for something light that won't cause breakouts. I will be alternating it with my other creams this summer -- especially on super hot days.

6 comments:

  1. Aww too bad this product doesn't have mattifying effect.. and that's one important thing for us oily people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww too bad this product doesn't have mattifying effect.. and that's one important thing for us oily people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE anything LUSH, but yeah this one does have a VERY strong smell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love LUSH, great products ;)

    Liebst Minnja
    www.minnja.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love LUSH too. This product sounds like a great product =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! Might have to try this!

    Juliana Grace | www.julianagraceblogspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.