August 20, 2014

Lancôme Grandiôse Mascara

The beauty blogosphere has been abuzz recently over a very exciting launch: Grandiôse, Lancôme's newest mascara. With its patent-pending "Swan Neck" wand, this mascara allows easy access to all lashes from corner to corner and root to tip.


I was lucky enough to get a peek at this new launch from Influenster and although the wand took some getting used to, I really like it. Lancôme recommends positioning the brush at the root of the lashes starting at the outer corner of the eye moving inward and extending through the lashes using a zigzag motion. It was easy to capture all my lashes this way and the elastomer brush allowed for a more precise application.

Where the mascara falls short for me, unfortunately, is the formula. Those of you who love the look of super dark lashes will be pleased with the ultra black pigments. However, long-time readers know I have issues with many mascaras causing my stick straight lashes to droop and while Grandiôse didn't make my lashes fall completely, the curl did not hold as well as I was hoping.


Summary: loved the wand, disliked the formula. If only Lancôme would release this in a different formula!

8 comments:

  1. Bad to hear that it doesn't holds the curl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame about the formula, its all about the wand in my opinion too!
    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad the formula isn't that outstanding! anyway, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh that's a really interesting wand! But yea I can see from your swatch that it's not the best curling mascara. Thanks for the review!

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, you can already see the drooping and that was pretty much right after application. So disappointing!

      Delete
  5. It's such a hassle, isn't it? I'm so jealous of people with naturally curled eyelashes - they are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.