August 23, 2014

Mes Vacances: Québec City

Bonjour! I'm now back from my vacation and thought I'd share a few pictures with you all. The first stop on my east coast itinerary was Québec City.


Since this was my first time visiting, we made sure to hit up as many of the tourist attractions as we could. Old Québec is a popular destination with its historic buildings, fortifications, and view of the St. Lawrence River.


I especially loved how quaint and charming the neighbourhood was. BC is such a new province by comparison so we don't get to see architecture like this anywhere. Some of the structures we saw date back to the 1600s!


A relatively short drive away from the city is Île d'Orléans, which has apparently been described as the "microcosm of traditional Québec and as the birthplace of francophones in North America." With lots of farms and wineries, I can see this being a great place for locals to escape to.


Close by was the Chute Montmorency, a waterfall that is actually higher than the more famous Niagara Falls.


I spent a lot of my time in Québec eating copious amounts of carbs (I'll be posting some of my favourite vacation eats soon). Of course, brunch everyday was a necessity.


We also discovered a great lookout spot by the Citadelle de Québec, which gave us a different view of the famed Château Frontenac. So pretty, isn't it?


Hope you enjoyed this re-cap... Montreal is coming up next!

4 comments:

  1. Your pics are gorgeous! My fave part of Quebec is the laid back attitude and BRUNCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post! And I love your blog:)
    I am now following you on Bloglovin, follow me back?:)

    bloglovin.com/blog/3880191
    theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pics! I've always wanted to go to Quebec. Looks like fun!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, this blog:)
    I was wondering, would you like to follow each other on GFC / FB?
    If yes, follow me and let me know! I'll follow back instantly:)
    xx
    http://myhoneybook.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.