December 29, 2014

Sleepless in Seattle

I hope you have all been having a lovely holiday season! Although my Christmas was very low-key compared to previous years, it was honestly a nice break from the usual craziness.

A few weeks ago, however, I did head down to Seattle for some pre-holiday fun. On the agenda was a 12 Bars of X-mas Pub Crawl, which is exactly as it sounds: 12 bars in 8 hours, starting in Belltown and ending in Capitol Hill. It was so fun getting a taste of the city's nightlife with the locals but of course, I made sure there was time for some tourist-y activities as well.

(yes, I am totally wearing a reindeer & snowflake dress)

I feel like you can't really go sightseeing in Seattle without a visit to Pike Place Market or the Space Needle. The Olympic Sculpture Park is also really nice to walk around in with a coffee in hand on a nice day.


As a huge NFL fan, it was also incredibly exciting to get swept up in all the football furor down at CenturyLink Field. I wish I'd had tickets to the game despite not being a Seahawks fan (go Cards!)


Another place I really wanted to check out was the Starbucks Reserve Roastery and Tasting Room. As the birthplace of Starbucks, Seattle is home to the only location -- kind of like a Willy Wonka factory for coffee lovers. The space is absolutely beautiful with all the wood, copper, and machinery.


I packed a ton into less than 48 hours, from (exorbitant amounts of) eating and drinking to shopping and other fun. Seattle is so close to Vancouver, I'm not sure why I don't go more often but after this weekend I am definitely already planning my next!

5 comments:

  1. It looks like a great place to visit! I am glad you were able to see so much in so little time!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! I have been to Seattle once but definitely want to go again. I don't think I got the full appreciation of the city at all. =) This post makes me want to go back even more!
    Happy 2015 to you!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seattle has a really good shopping district as well downtown which I never realized! That pub crawl sounds rather epic... did you manage to make it through the whole thing?? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! In the words of the organizer: "it's a marathon, not a race" ;)

      Delete
  4. Seattle looks like such a beautiful place. Unfortunately I've never been but Id love to go someday x
    p.s I love your reindeer and snowflake dress ;) x

    Caitriona | Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.