January 5, 2015

My Makeup Collection, Organization, and Vanity (+ Video!)

Happy 2015! To start off the new year, I wanted to share something that I've been meaning to blog about for ages: my vanity area. I'm really happy with my current set-up (the IKEA Malm Vanity and Alex 9-Drawers), and I thought this might be helpful in case any of you are looking for ideas on how to organize and store your makeup.


I initially tried to do this in photo and text form but I found it was way easier to film a video explaining everything. That means this post also marks my first foray into Youtube! Disclaimer: I have absolutely no idea how to make videos, having never done one before, so apologies for the terrible quality and extreme shakiness. Apparently I have no idea how to hold a camera straight, haha.


To make up for my severe lack of video editing skills, I'm also including some photos. You'll see that I use a variety of different storage/organization solutions, from plastic 3-drawer sets to cutlery trays and reused beauty boxes.

19 comments:

  1. I love these kinds of posts/videos! Maybe I'm just super nosy.. :)

    <3
    kimberrleigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how organized you are; wish I was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makeup collection puts mine to shame! I really need some sort of organiser for my ever growing lipstick collection!

    Always, Alice x
    Enter my new giveaway to win some of my winter beauty favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooww that looks amazinng! My collection is half in my room and half in my bathroom right now. I love looking at big collections but I'm personally trying to slim down for the year!

    raincouverbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wooow! I need something like this ;D looks perfectly organized! xxx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  6. super jealous of your make up collection you have going on there! i want it all.

    http://california-diamond.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I would love to do this with my collection, because right at the moment I have everything stuffed in a one bag! Your collection is amazing <3

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic makeup organization and collection!

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do ppl get these 3 level storage thingies?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I'm following your amazing blog on bloglovin! I'm loving the storage! I hope I can organise my makeup this year! xx

    Beyond the Velvet | Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That's a lot of stuff you got there! :D And those Ikea MALM pieces. Aah I love them! Now I also know they are pretty practical too ^^

    x Aurélie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want some of those plastic storage boxes, my vanity area needs a major toiy up!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh that is my idea of heaven at the moment, you have everything so organised! My make up is everywhere!
    Lovely make up area :) xo

    Maydoll

    ReplyDelete
  14. #makeupenvy! You have quite a collection, and it's all so neatly organised too!

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! So organised and so much makeup goodness. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow organised perfectly in time for the start of the New Year! I am so impressed and *cough* jealous *cough* I am glad I checked out your blog because I think its just amazing!

    Love, Anon Style blog x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.