January 9, 2015

Face Mask Favourites: Skoah and Bliss

One of my favourite ways to de-stress is to run a bubble bath, light some candles, and slather on a face mask. Since I've been having a lot of these nights in these past few months, I thought I'd share a few of of the masks I'm currently loving!


I purchased the Aha Mask after my last facial at Skoah since they always use it on me during treatments and I wanted a jar of my own to integrate into my at-home skincare routine. The product is clear and feels like jelly to the touch, containing alpha hydroxy acid to naturally exfoliate without any harsh scrubby beads. It is also infused with peppermint which results in a fun tingly sensation while on and smells very nice and fresh.

I was also sent the Bliss Multi-'Face'-eted All-In-One Anti-Aging Clay Mask (that's a mouthful!) a little while ago. I have always liked Bliss products and this mask definitely takes the title of nicest clay mask I've ever used. You know how some clay masks can be kind of chunky and drying? Well, not this one. The texture is buttery smooth, and it stays moist so your face doesn't feel uncomfortable as the mask "shrinks". I haven't been using it long enough to determine the extent of its anti-aging effects but my skin does look noticeably brighter after use, probably thanks to the 10% glycolic acid (one of my favourite skincare ingredients, though it can be harsh for those with sensitive skin).

5 comments:

  1. Always love learning about a new face mask, and the Bliss (too long to spell out the whole title) seems such an ideal mask for my Sunday night skincare rituals. Hopefully I can find this at Sephora!

    www.recalcitrantgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is perfect for Sunday night skincare rituals - once you feel the texture you will understand! :D

      Delete
  2. Skoah has the best masks! I love using Hydradew as an overnight moisture mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, good idea to use these masks overnight. I love that they're clear so they must be great for that!

      Delete
  3. I have wanted to try the Bliss mask for so long and you make it sound so incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.