January 22, 2015

FOTD: Inspired by MAC Cosmetics Lightness of Being

An interesting take on a winter collection, MAC Cosmetics Lightness of Being is full of cool and frosty pastels that drew me in the second I saw the promo pictures. It certainly helps that most of the products also feature the brand's Mineralize formula which I absolutely love (see my review of the Mineralize Rich Lipsticks). So, inspired by a few products I was sent from the collection, I thought I'd put together a light and airy makeup look.


On my eyes, I am wearing MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Uninhibited, a shimmery light grey that is divided in the pan (half pearl/half frost). To add some definition, some simple cat eye liner was next. If you're looking for a jet black eyeliner that's easy to use and has excellent staying power, I highly recommend Make Up For Ever Graphic Liner in Vinyl Black, one of MUFE's newest liner releases.

On my cheeks, I am wearing MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade which has been a longtime MAC fan fave. This version features the shimmery pale peach with lavender marble that Lightscapade is known for  but also comes in a limited edition embossed knit pattern. For an additional touch of light colour, I applied Lise Watier Blush Creme Satin in Rose Eden on the apples of my cheeks.

On my lips, I am wearing MAC Lipstick in Creme Cup (not from the Lightness of Being Collection but a great light pink if you're in need of one). Topping that, I applied MAC Mineralize Lipglass in Poetic, which is a very sheer champagne pink with a pearlescent finish.


For a full list of products I'm wearing, check out my post on this week's FASHION Magazine Beauty Panel!

6 comments:

  1. looks really nice, i love shades like that!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like that light eyeshadow on you! Interesting textures on the products! I will have to check this out :)

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't wear frosty shades like this either so I was pleasantly surprised!

      Delete
  3. Just found your blog and love it! It's really nice to see other Canadian bloggers out there :)

    www.beautyandcolour.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look! And I love the knitted pattern :)

    xx
    Maria Mui // Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.