April 30, 2015

Perfume Picks for Mother's Day

A number of new fragrances have been showing up in my mailbox lately -- conveniently in time for Mother's Day on May 10. If you're looking for a present for that special woman in your life, maybe this perfume roundup will give you a few ideas!


My Burberry was inspired by the brand's iconic trench coat and is meant to "capture the essence of a London garden after the rain." A meld of florals (including sweet pea, geranium, freesia, and rose), this scent is sophisticated and pleasant for daily wear. The rectangular glass bottle is reminiscent of my personal favourite Miss Dior Cherie, though the round stopper has been made to resemble a Burberry trench coat button. Plus, if you head to the Burberry Beauty Counter at The Bay, you can pick it up with special packaging for Mother's Day (a bow-imprinted outer box), making it just perfect for gifting.

Azzaro Pour Elle is a new launch for May 2015, the feminine version of the popular Azzaro Pour Homme created in 1978. I find it hard to describe this fragrance other than maybe "seductive" and "sensual" (all descriptors I'm sure your mom would love in a perfume, haha). Think: a woody amber floral, all housed in an uber chic bottle.

As a lover of gourmand fragrances, Angel by Thierry Mugler has been on my radar for years and I am a huge fan. Composed of many different notes, including coconut, mandarin orange, cotton candy, honey, amber, patchouli, chocolate, vanilla, and caramel.... basically, it's everything sweet! Add in the incredibly unique star-shaped bottle (now refillable) and there's no denying why Angel is considered by many to be such a signature scent.

AVON Rare Amethyst is the newest addition to Avon's Rare Collection,  a perfume collection inspired by precious stones and metals. Housed in a purple jewel-like bottle, Rare Amethyst features a blend of violet, plum, and sandalwood. It's woodsy and sweet and would make a great evening scent. The price point on this is also much lower than my other perfume picks so is a nice option if you're on a budget.

8 comments:

  1. Great picks, I really love My Burberry. Another good one is Love Story by Chloe.

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're right, that is also a great pick!

      Delete
  2. Perfume always feels like such a luxurious gift!

    Amy Ann
    Now blogging at my new site Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, great collection :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Angel! We've already had mothers day here in England, it was back in March!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea it was a different date in other places... I can never keep these holidays straight!

      Delete
  5. i'm in love with all this profume| ;)
    Big kiss
    Check it out my new post: http://www.honeyandcotton.org/outfit-in-rosso-e-bianco-by-bhell-jeans/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I love how the Avon bottle totally stacks up to the more pricey bottles! The My Burberry perfumes sounds nice. My mom doesn't wear too much perfume so I have to think of another present.

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.