August 31, 2015

LUSH Cosmetics New Fresh Masks & Cup O' Coffee Face and Body Mask Review

Last week, I headed over to the LUSH Cosmetics store in Pacific Centre (hi Virginia and Heather!) to learn all about three new products: the Rosy Cheeks Fresh Face Mask, Don't Look At Me Fresh Face Mask, and Cup O' Coffee Face and Body Mask. It's been a while since LUSH came out with any new masks so these launches are kind of a big deal.


If you are familiar with the fresh face masks, you'll know that they are made with no synthetic preservatives. This means they expire after about 2-3 weeks and you have to keep them in your fridge. I actually like doing this anyway because the cooling effect feels so nice on the skin. However, be prepared to mask a lot more than you may normally since you'll want to use the product up before it goes bad. Yay for more pamper time!

Many of LUSH's masks are not an option for me because they contain nut oils (seriously, why do companies like to put sweet almond oil need in everything? #thestruggleisreal), but thankfully all of these ones are nut allergy-friendly. I particularly like Rosy Cheeks, which is made with calamine powder, for its soothing properties. However, I'm sure others will really love Don't Look At Me, which contains lemon juice and ground rice for brightening, as it smells really fresh and the colour is fun.


For all my fellow coffee lovers, put Cup O' Coffee Face and Body Mask on your to-buy list right now. Made with organic agave syrup and coffee grounds, this will give a nice caffeine jolt without you having to ingest a thing.

I am a huge fan of coffee scrubs (see here, for example), but this mask is a lot different from your typical coffee scrub. It holds together like a creamy lotion thanks to the agave syrup (but it's not sticky) so you don't have to worry about dripping coffee grounds all over your shower. You apply it and let it sit for a bit before washing it off, rubbing in circular motions to get a good exfoliation. Plus, it's not limited in use... try it on your face or on different parts of your body. I like to use it on my elbows and knees for ultra smooth skin. Unlike the fresh face masks, you also don't need to keep it in your fridge and it lasts longer (about 3 months).

The fresh face masks are only available in stores but you can find Cup O' Coffee online.

5 comments:

  1. I've never tried a face mask, but the Cup O' Coffee one is right up my alley lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried a coffee scrub and I think the scent might be too intense for me but I love Lush a lot so these things all sound great!

    x- Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cup O' Coffee sounds cool! I don't really like having to use up masks so quickly so I don't usually get the fresh face ones, but 3 months is doable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! When I get them I have to mask basically every night... it's like major pamper time :P

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean! When I get them I have to mask basically every night... it's like major pamper time :P

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.