August 27, 2015

MAC Vamplify Collection: Lipgloss x Pro Longwear Lip Pencil Combinations

For Fall 2015, MAC Cosmetics will be releasing its Vamplify Collection, featuring a new selection of super dramatic, high-pigmented Lipgloss and Pro Longwear Lip Pencils to match. I was lucky enough to get a preview of the entire collection last month and came away with a few colours to test out for myself.

L-R: Speed Up; Everybody's Talking; Tease Don't Touch; Voltage; He Said, She Said; Rebellious

The new Vamplify Lipglosses are, in a word, amazing. They are creamy, extremely pigmented and feel very comfortable on thanks to the combination of natural oils in the ingredients. Unlike MAC's lipglasses, they provide shine without any stickiness. I would actually liken these glosses more to liquid lipsticks since you get a lot of colour in only one swipe. Plus, they smell like vanilla cupcakes! Seriously decadent.

Some new limited edition Pro Longwear Lip Pencils have also been released with the Vamplify Collection. Not only do they provide good coverage and make excellent bases for any accompanying gloss or lipstick, they are incredibly long-lasting. In fact, I had to put in a lot of effort to remove them! I personally wouldn't wear them alone, however. The formula is drying so any lines or patches will be accentuated and and lips feel very "tight" without anything on top to add some moisture. Paired with the Pro Longwear Lip Pencils, you can expect to extend the wear time of the Vamplify Lipglosses by quite a bit.

There are 17 Vamplify Lipglosses and 12 Pro Longwear Lip Pencils to look forward to, in a huge range of shades that can be combined for maximum colour fun. Here are the three combinations I have been rocking:

Rebellious Pro Long Wear Lip Pencil x Speed Up Vamplify Lipgloss

Rebellious is a burgundy plum which ordinarily I would pair with a similar berry or plum shade. Unfortunately I didn't have one so I decided to experiment with Speed Up instead. Speed Up is a bubble gum pink shade (very Barbie-like) and layered over Rebellious you get a cooler-toned effect.

Voltage Pro Longwear Lip Pencil x Everybody's Talking Vamplify Lipgloss

Voltage, a coral salmon shade, and Everybody's Talking, a bright coral, are a match made in electrifying coral heaven. Together, they remind me of one of my favourite MAC lipsticks, Vegas Volt. I know it's almost Fall but this makes such a good summer lip.

He Said, She Said Pro Longwear Lip Pencil x Tease Don't Touch Vamplify Lipgloss

He Said, She Said is not a true red but more of a brick colour with brown undertones. Layered under Tease Don't Touch, an intense true red, you still get a very classic look... which I'm apparently now into, as evidenced by this recent post.

Find the MAC Vamplify Collection online now and on-counter September 3.

8 comments:

  1. Yowza! Those are super pigmented. Gorgeous lips!

    www.xjole.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look stunning, must check these out xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mac's Pro Longwear lip pencils are amazing, they really do last all day!! Love Rebellious, would go perfect with Rebel too xx

    | ALBANA JANJEVA |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I bet they are supposed to go together, hence the names. Kind of like Voltage and the MAC lippie Vegas Volt.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Talk about high pigment! I can't get over how gorgeous they all look on you! I just got an email about this collection so I'm going to take a peek. I don't go to MAC often, but when I do, I splurge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A trip to the MAC store can be bad news for the wallet, haha!

      Delete
  5. Love the combination of Voltage and Everbody's talking the most!

    Visit Valencialala.blogspot.com
    Shop @vanitygoods

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.