September 28, 2015

Colgate Optic White™

As you already know, the next month is very travel-heavy for me and I'm off again today for another short work trip. You've also read all about my love of small-sized skincare and hair products, but what about a slightly more unconventional item? Like, for instance, a toothbrush. I know, I know... how random of me. But you really can't deny the importance of a good toothbrush, especially when it's the one I've been using recently and which will be making the trip up north with me: the Colgate Optic White™ Tooth Brush + Built-In Whitening Pen.


I was sent this toothbrush by Colgate-Palmolive and despite the fact that I've never actually reviewed dental care on the blog before, when you think about it, a nice bright smile is a huge part of personal care and beauty. Besides, getting my teeth to look the way they do now was a hugely expensive and painful process (hello $6000 in braces/orthodontics and numerous tooth extractions). So gotta show them off sometimes, right?

The Colgate Optic White™ Toothbrush provides a super convenient way to brighten your teeth with no fuss and barely any extra time added to your normal morning and evening oral care routine. The toothbrush has a range of bristles to get your teeth clean but the best part is the Whitening Pen that fits right into the base of the toothbrush. After brushing, you pull it out and twist the base of the "pen", which is filled with specially-formulated whitening gel, and apply the gel directly to your teeth. The gel is left on and doesn't need to be rinsed off -- it starts working immediately! I've used teeth whitening strips before and this method of whitening is by far my preferred method. Strips can be awkward and annoying, whereas this gel adheres easily with no weird sensation. I did notice some slight sensitivity on my first few uses but I've gotten used to it.

Although my bottle won't be making my trip with me this time due to on-board travel restrictions for liquids, while at home, I have also been supplementing my routine by rinsing with the Colgate Optic White™ WhiteSeal™ Mouthwash (you rinse before you apply the gel). It contains 2% hydrogen peroxide so has a bit of a whitening effect in addition to freshening my breath.

As the company says, it's as simple as... BRUSH. WHITEN. GO.™

3 comments:

  1. I dont think we have this over here but I want! I hear ya when you said it was an expensive and painful journey! Same here!!

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used them but maybe I should! Would love for you to stop by my latest!
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.